nervous..way ahead of time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nervous..way ahead of time nervous..way ahead of time

Unread 03-28-2001, 05:12 PM
nervous..way ahead of time

Hello everyone.. I am so grateful for this site.. I am scheduled for a TAH on May 25th. I am 34 yrs. old. I have very heavy bleeding for long amounts of time, and my uterus is prolapsing. My question is... since I found out I have to have this surgery, I have an abundance of nervous energy. I work a full time job, but for the past 2 weeks all I can do is things to fix up my house.. I mean major stuff..hanging wallpaper, scrubing walls.. I just can't seems to relax.. Is this normal? Anyone else feel this way before surgery? I am very scared, but have a wonderful DH who is very supportive. Thanks for the great site!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2001, 05:35 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!

You have found the right place to get you through the LIW!!!!! Welcome to the land of hyster! You will hopefully find all the support and information you need. There is a lot of information and support available on the site. Use your "normal " nervous energy to gather the support and info you need. I did not find this site until 2 days after my hyster, I wish I would have found it prior so that I could load up with everything! We will keep you busy while you wait for your hyster!!!! Again welcome!!!
Unread 03-28-2001, 05:42 PM
Hello

Oh yes indeed, I have been doing the samething, kinda like preparing your nest, but this time I won't be coming home with a baby, Last week I painted two rooms in my house, this week I have been doing lots of spring cleaning, cause I know I won't be up to it next month. I go in for TAH on 4/17. I can't wait till its over, I am nervous too but I know its for the best. You can ask all the questions you want on here, The ladies are great!! Good Luck to you, and e-mail me anytime if you want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2001, 07:13 PM
Lots Of Energy

Hello, I had my surgery on March 7th and I am doing really well. I also had tons of energy beforehand. I think it's a good way to keep our minds busy. We are preparing to go thru something kind of scarry. I say to do what you feel like and don't worry about the rest. The first week I walked quite a bit and got real tired. I suggest you just rest and do nothing afterwards even if you feel like it. I am 3 weeks post op and having to start over like week one. Buy yourself some fun P.J.'S. I had two pair and a new robe and slippers. It does wonders! Take care and remember waiting is the hardest part of all. Rhonda
Unread 03-28-2001, 08:56 PM
Nervous before Surgery

I think it is normal to feel nervous before major surgery. Mine TAH is 5 days away and I am a wreck
but I know it will all be OK. I think it is more the fear of the unknown and how you will handle
the pain, etc. I think for me it is also the total loss of control. Best of luck to you. You will be
in my thoughts. We are all in this together and it is wonderful that we can all come here to
get the great support from our hyster sisters!

Holly
Unread 03-28-2001, 10:01 PM
come on over...

Hi, ladies...listen, I am four weeks post op and my house could USE some work.... I'll lay in lots of chocolate and raspberry tea for you....okay??
Unread 03-30-2001, 04:33 AM
WONDERFUL LADIES

The kindness from everyone here is just incredible.. Thank you for making me feel normal, and for the support!! I know everyone will be here when I finally get this done, and am so glad there are others just as nervous as I.. Love to all.. Thanks!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register