Just gas pain????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just gas pain????? Just gas pain?????

Unread 03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Just gas pain?????

I had my uterus removed through bikini cut on the 7th of Feb. Left everything else. My question is I would occasionally get some gas pains after surgery but nothing that was terrible. However, the past week they seem to come on more freguent and more intense. Whatever I am doing I have to stop dead in my tracks and just squeeze something. They last for a couple of seconds and almost like I can feel it moving through the intestines and then stops. Sometimes they end up resulting in a BM soon after. However, this morning, I got out of bed and went to get dressed and had one come on that nearly knocked me down. I immediately went into the bathroom and sat down and as each pain came on (and I felt it move down) I screamed out in pain and almost fell over. I was literally sitting sideways on toilet (sorry, for TMI) and had balancing off clothes basket. The thing that really worries me is once they passed I was lightheaded and felt as though I may have passed out if they had not stopped.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it gas pains that would cause this? I know that everything is so close together in there that it is hard to tell but I do not want to have the fear of passing out from this.
Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Just gas pain?????

right now there is no 'just' about gas pains. I am carefull to eat things that don't cause me gas for just that reason. For me, they hurt more when they are moving 'down' when they are moving 'out', but neither is pleasant!

I keep meaningto buy gasx and keep forgetting to. I've been told that will help.

Debbie
Unread 03-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Just gas pain?????

Hi Soooconfused,

My gas pains were pretty severe, causing more pain for me than my incision did.

If they are causing you to pass out though, it may be wise to call your Dr. Let him/her decide if you need further attention or not. It will also relieve your worry so you can just focus on healing.

S,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Just gas pain?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooconfused
However, this morning, I got out of bed and went to get dressed and had one come on that nearly knocked me down. I immediately went into the bathroom and sat down and as each pain came on (and I felt it move down) I screamed out in pain and almost fell over. I was literally sitting sideways on toilet (sorry, for TMI) and had balancing off clothes basket. The thing that really worries me is once they passed I was lightheaded and felt as though I may have passed out if they had not stopped.
Pain as severe as what you are describing needs to be reported to your doctor. Please call this morning. I hope you can get some answers and that you feel better soon.
Unread 03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Just gas pain?????

it might be wise for you to go back to the doc. this is similar to what i felt before i was told i had a hematoma that was pressing on everything. not to scare you, just to inform you. i have absolutely no idea what's going on with you. it is just always good to have them ck it out. this sounds surprisingly strong, and that may not be "normal" for this far out, especially since it is new to you... peace!
Unread 03-10-2006, 07:47 AM
gas pains

I have been to the drs twice for checks up. One at 1 week due to fever and then this past Tuesday for 4 week check up. Both ended up with full exam and pressing on incision and abdomen. I would hope think that I would of felt some type of pain from this. I forgot to mention it though because it had only happened a couple of times prior, and like I said, I figured it was related to BM's.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register