Now I'm really confused??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I'm really confused??? Now I'm really confused???

Unread 05-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Re: Now I'm really confused???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollergrlwannab View Post
I am scheduled for partial vaginal hysterectomy on June 2, 2010. May sound funny but I was actually looking forward to my surgery (not the surgery itself, but rather the results I'm hoping for). But after reading some of the horror stories I'm almost scared stiff. I realize that my procedure pales in comparison to what many of you ladies had to go through but I'm still afraid.

There are so many conflicting stories about what to expect. I understand that every body is different and reacts differently to things. But it scares me how many people say they are in EXCRUTIATING pain afterwards and that their Dr.'s seem very unwilling to help make them more comfortable. Personally I don't even like to take Tylenol but am realisitic that that won't cut it for pain relief. But I don't want to be in excrutiating pain.

I'm a 36 yr. old single Mother of 2. No plans to even attempt to have more children. My surgery is due to SEVERE Bi-Polar and PMDD. Just an iota of relief from either of these cruel ailments will make this all worthwhile.

I have never been overweight a day in my life until I started taking the medication for my BP. Then....BLAM! I gained 40+ lbs. Before that I have never weighed over 125 lb., not even when I was pregnant. Needless to say the idea of gaining more weight has me shaking in my shoes.

Does anyone have something positive to share with me? Please? Just one thing.

Much love to you all. My brave sisters.
Hi Sweetie ,,If this could help you... just a little bit .......
i have never in my lifetime had to deal with EXCRUTIATING pain ( thank god ) my biggest fear in life ... i have always had conversations with my dr, ABOUT PAIN that i just couldnt deal with that at all and i was always given more pain meds then i even needed or used ...i believe that a good doctor would do thEIR best to make sure this doesnt happen ,,
However, there are many women that had so much more and other things( MY HEART GOES OUT TO THEM ) that i never even heard of before ,,honestly i know nothing about so i dont know if maybe pain meds dont work or if it is a doctor thing (being insensitive to women's needs ),,just the sound of some of these problems and reading about them makes me sick .....where i have to throw up ( seriously)..... SO EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AS TO HOW MUCH THEY CAN HANDLE ....my suggestion to you is to ..read about the type of surgery you arE having ,, speak to women that had that kind ....ask alot of questions and make sure you speak to your doctor about all your fears ,,,make sure you have that open channel
I really do believe that most doctor's will not let you suffer ( IN ..EXCRUTIATING pain )trust yourself ,,,,on the negative side i do have my own prejudices against certain doctors .nobody is perfect ..it is all about you feeling confident and trusting the hands you are putting your life into and sometimes this takes time .........best wishes >>>>>hope you feel better soon ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register