LAVH 3 days post hysterectomy: How long for laparoscopy incisions to heal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: How long for laparoscopy incisions to heal? 3 days post hysterectomy: How long for laparoscopy incisions to heal?

Unread 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
3 days post hysterectomy: How long for laparoscopy incisions to heal?

How long for laproscopy holes to heal all the way, inside and out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Re: How long for punctures to heal?

I don't know about inside, but outside, it took me about 4 weeks. No scabbing now, I was superglued shut. Were you stitched?
Unread 08-28-2014, 08:40 PM

I had stitches underneath ( found that out in surgical report) and was pretty well healed by week 4. As I have gotten older I heal slower. Now just waiting for the to fade away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanari View Post
I don't know about inside, but outside, it took me about 4 weeks. No scabbing now, I was superglued shut. Were you stitched?
I seem to be superglued on the outside. I have no idea about the inside. I'm scared to death of popping one open.
Unread 08-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy: How long for laparoscopy incisions to heal?

I did have the glue on the outside and tape on top that came off gradually with each shower. It can happen but unless you plan to lft something heavy, there should be no problem. It is those with abdominal surgery that are more likely to.
Unread 08-29-2014, 08:04 PM

Not sure about the inside but on the outside I had stitches. My surgery was on a Tuesday and the band-aids came off on the Sunday after the surgery and the stitches were dissolved and all the incisions healed but one (I had five). The one on left where they did all the work is finally healed and the scab is gone. I had an infection in the top incision (they couldn't go through my belly button because my uterus was too big) and my surgeon had to reopen it a week after the surgery to get the infection out. That has finally closed with no scabbing. Those two incision sites look horrible now.
Unread 09-06-2014, 03:31 PM

I had stitches and they didn't dissolve so there were little strings hanging out that the doctor had to try and cut off. She pulled on them with quite some force to try and cut them off as close to the skin as possible at my 2 week appointment. The one in my belly button took longer cause I am not a small girl so I don't think it got enough air. Mine were good on the outside at about 4 weeks. By 6 weeks they looked totally healed.

Hope this helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register