So flipping tired! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So flipping tired! So flipping tired!

Unread 08-04-2012, 02:11 PM
So flipping tired!

I know it's only been 3 days so some of this is normal, but I am exhausted! To the point of being a bit dizzy. All I've taken today is ibuprofen, because yesterday I thought the Percocet might be to blame, but I can still barely drag myself out of bed to do some laps around the house. Anyone else go through this? when does it get better???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Re: So flipping tired!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but some ladies are exhausted for several weeks. The best thing is to listen to your body and let it rest so it can heal. Also be sure to check out our hysterectomy checkpoints so you know what to expect from week to week.
Unread 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM

At 3 days the anesthesia has barely cleared and I think your experience is to be expected so immediately post op. But for me, a quick healer, things picked up after 3 days and by 2 wks I wanted to return to work.(But I waited longer). For others, it takes longer to get energy back. Were you told you'd be fine in a couple days? I do think some Drs give that impression but it just isn't that common an experience. Healing from any surgery takes some time. With luck you'll start seeing a difference soon, but don't be surprised if it takes longer than you expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 04:03 PM

No, my doctor warned me it would take a while. I just didn't expect to feel this beat up! My mom and BF keep telling me it's only been 3 days (they're fantastic!), but the level of exhaustion is unexpected none the less. I'll just keep drinking water and hope the drugs flush out sooner rather than later...
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Hang in there, it does get better. Faster for some than others, but it does get better.
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Yesterday was the 4 week mark from my surgery i still have been staying u til like 2 or 3 am cause i'm not tired
Unread 08-04-2012, 05:55 PM

I too am so exhausted and it's been five days out. I just let myself sleep when I need to. I try to walk when I'm awake and so far I think it is working. Gas pains have been the worst for me. Ugh.
Unread 08-04-2012, 07:59 PM

LOL....day 3 I was still in the hospital, sleeping half my day away. I am at day 18 now and still get exhausted from walking around the block. Listen to your body....sleep when you need to.
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:37 PM

I feel the same way. I really don't have the energy to get out of bed. But I do, because I have to. The longest I've slept in one stretch was after surgery. Now I'm lucky to sleep 40 minutes (but I do sleep for about half the day...our bodies NEED it!!). I hope we both find some relief (and energy) soon.

Oh....I am 2 days post op from a TAH and LSO.
Unread 08-06-2012, 03:32 AM

Day 3 I was drugged out of my head! No way was I considering laps of anything.
I went into this surgery in peak fitness having just returned from trekking in Nepal, I am no slouch but this surgery knocked me sideways.
I had to rest or sleep way more than I expected and still require the odd nap 10 weeks later. The best pieces of advice I got from this website were, this is a marathon not a sprint, and, you only get one chance to heal right. It was SO hard, but I really took that on board. I knew if I did more than I was ready to do, my recovery would take longer so as hard as it was, I listened to my body and rested whenever I needed to.
Take care, it does get easier with a bit more time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register