Post Op & Cat Care | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op & Cat Care Post Op & Cat Care

Unread 12-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Post Op & Cat Care

Hi Sisters, I posted a pre-op question about what to do with my cats that lots of you responded to, so I thought I would put a post op one up too. I kept my 3 cats here instead of boarding them at the vet. I had an animal communicator "talk" to them before my surgery and it has worked really well. (I was worried about my cats jumping on my tummy). The animal communicator "explained" to them what was going to happen and told them to lie next to me in bed. The first night home from the hospital, 2 of my cats lay next to my head all night long. Whenever I woke up and changed position, my Siamese woke up, mewed at me and either sniffed or licked my face. It was so touching. She very obviously knew something was wrong with me. Never once did any of my cats jump on my tummy. A pillow on my tummy helped them remember it was off limits. Last night for the first time, my Siamese "asked" if she could curl up on my tummy by pawing the pillow. When I said "No", she just turned around and curled up in the crook of my arm instead. She also lies down on my chest under my chin instead of my tummy, which is comforting. I'm glad I chose to keep them all at home instead of board them at the vet. They got a little confused at my bf and sister in law giving them food and meds, but it really worked out in the end. I was able to give Skippy his insulin on my third day home. I feed him on my desk and give him his insulin while he's eating so I don't have to bend over. How have your kitties reacted? let me know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Post Op & Cat Care

I don't have any cats right now but have had them in the past. They are so sweet, aren't they? I agree that they know when there is something going on with us.
Unread 12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Post Op & Cat Care

My cat was next to me on the bed or chair almost constantly when I got home(always in the same room). Once I was up and around better he decided to go back to his normal places out of site to sleep. I was glad to have him on my long lonley days at home alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Post Op & Cat Care

My Simi is a 9 month old tori. She is my buddy. Followed me everywhere only landed on my stomach once. She likes to sleep behind my legs which pins me to the mattress. So of course getting up in the middle of the night involves pulling my legs up alongside her, then crawling over her to use the potty then crawl back in. She didnt take any sympathy on me. Demanded her routine. Which actually helps me realize, the world continues, and at least one person is happy to be with me. Love my Simi. Now if she would stop putting her toys in the bed.
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Post Op & Cat Care

My little bed buddy cuddled with me the entire time I was recovering. My other two would lay close by. They really do know when something is wrong with you. It is so comforting to have cats that snuggle!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register