Scheduled LSH make-up okay for surgery day? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

make-up okay for surgery day? make-up okay for surgery day?

Unread 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
make-up okay for surgery day?

Forgot to ask at my pre-op and I don't want to bug my doc over something silly. Does anyone know if wearing make-up to the castle is okay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Re: make-up okay for surgery day?

Last year, when I had the ablation, I could not wear makeup. I feel like it will be the same for my TVH in November. I hope this helps some!
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM

Generally, make-up is not allowed in OR. Some OR's have very, very specific instructions so it is important to find out exactly what is okay and not okay for you. I have had instructions that included "no lotion, hairspray, deodorant, make-up, fingernail/toenail polish" etc. I was to come clean but al la natural!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Echoing what these fine ladies said! I had my LSH last year and was instructed NO make-up/lotions/deodorant- nothing.
Actually it was nice just to get up, take a quick shower, wash my face, brush my teeth and go.

Good luck! We'll be here to welcome you to post-op!
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:55 AM

that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure when I had my lap procedure done before, I didn't wear any. oh well
Unread 09-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Yup, me too. In fact, I am reading it in black & white on my preop instructions. No nothing!!!! Just can brush teeth. Not even any hair products (gel, serums to smooth the hair yikes) - no deodorant, virtually nothing. Oh well, it will make getting there so much easier I suppose, I always take so much time to go any where with all my girly products. That won't be an issue tomorrow. BTW, they gave me an antiseptic wash, have to shower with it 3 times before surgery. It is called HIBICLENS. I am going laproscopic, so they want me to wash with this antibacterial stuff to remove every bit of bacteria on the body before they go and puncture me. Oh, the thought ... First scars. Had two children and not 1 stretch mark. Go figure?
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM

Good luck to everyone (((hugs)))
Unread 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM

They use tape on your face for the endotracheal tube (for general anesth) and on your eyelids. So if you're wearing face powder or eye shadow/mascara, this might interfere with the adhesiveness. Best to leave it at home.
Unread 09-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Is it OK to wash with Body wash that is scented? They never said anything about that too me. I know about not wearing perfume,deodorant,nail polish and so forth.
Unread 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeka View Post
Is it OK to wash with Body wash that is scented? They never said anything about that too me. I know about not wearing perfume,deodorant,nail polish and so forth.
My pre-op instructions were no perfume, lotions but I can wear deodorant and use my own soap. I can wear make up either.
I can"t each no red foods or liquids the day before.
I can wear nail polish and I can wear socks to cover my feet in the OR. I guess every hospital or surgeon/physician is different.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register