Anybody with backache? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody with backache? Anybody with backache?

Unread 10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Anybody with backache?

I had a TVH two weeks ago. I had adenomyosis and a prolapsed uterus. One of my major symptoms before surgery was severe bachaches. Now that I've had surgery, I was hoping the backaches would be gone or at least somewhat better, but they are not. Seems like the more I'm on my feet, the more it hurts. So far, I can't tell that the surgery has done me a bit of good. I'm so ready to feel GOOD!!! I haven't had a day yet that I have felt good. Any comments? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Anybody with backache?

Hi Purplekaykay,

It's probably at this point from sitting/laying around since we're not allowed to do much. I never had a back ache until after my surgery now. I was used to exercising on my treadmill, gazelle and strength training....since I have not been doing that..the back is hurting some.....so that makes me thing it could be inactivitiy..once you heal and get active again it should go away.

I wish you the best luck and praying that backache does go away soon for you.

Hugs, love and prayers!
Unread 10-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Anybody with backache?

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. You really are so very close to your surgery date yet and this is actually common. Don't worry - better days ahead!

The backache is also common. They do a lot of "redecorating" in there and sometimes a backache results. I'd encourage you to let your doc know you're hurting this way (they really should know) and also ask him or her for any back-strengthening exercises you might be able to do. It may be too early for some exercises, but if you have them on hand for the future, it can be a nice goal to shoot for when you're ready.

I really do hope you feel better soon. There could be a few reasons for the backache, so your doc really is the best authority right now. Please be patient with yourself. We all heal at such different paces (took me 4 months to feel better after my TAH, but I had complications, too). It's hard when you see folks zipping around a couple weeks after surgery, but I think that's the exception and not the rule.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Anybody with backache?

I suffered from a lower back ache for a few years, actually thinking it was related to my pelvis being broken in a car accident a couple years before my surgery. Doc said that I may have minor pain for the rest of my life. To make a long story short...had my hyster in June, found tons of evil things going on in there [everything covered in adhesions, sever endo and adeno], after the first week or so of recovery, my lower back pain was gone. The only time I felt it starting up again was if I was up and around a little to much. During recovery there is a lot of stress put on your back muscles. Things were taken out, moved around or repaired inside and need time to heal. It does get better with time.

I hope you get the relief I did....take care and take it very very easy.
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Anybody with backache?

The adeno back pain *****. Sorry you are still having this. Gentle stretching with docs permit sounds like a great idea. When you are up to it and released for this a chiropractor may be able to put everything back into place. This helped me when I first started having adeno back pain. Worked wonders.

Good luck and heal first before trying too much,

Tara
Unread 10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Anybody with backache?

Hi.
Back pain was one of my chief complaints before my surgery. Some of my tumors were so large that they had pressed into the nerves of my lumbar region. I couldn't wait for the pain (I had it everywhere it seemed) to be gone. I was disappointed, too, when the pain didn't dissipate soon after surgery. I'm 4-weeks post-op now, and the pain has definitely lessened, but it's taking it sweet time about it. The back pain has diminished a little, but I long for the day when it will be gone.

In your case, I think (actually I know, because I felt/feel the way you do), that you're expecting too much too soon. I know I did. I didn't actually begin to feel like myself until I was 3+ weeks post-op. It will get better, but it's a remarkably slow process.

Sarah
Unread 10-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Anybody with backache?

Hi.
Back pain was one of my chief complaints before my surery. Some of my tumors were so large that they had pressed into the nerves in my lumbar region. I couldn't wait for the pain (I had it everywhere it seemed) to be gone. I was disappointed, too, when the pain didn't dissapate soon after surgery. I'm 4-weeks post-op now, and the pain has definitely lessened, but it's taking it sweet time about it. The back pain has diminished a little, but I long for the day when it will be gone.

In your case, I think (acutally I know, because I felt/feel the way you do), that you're expecting too much too soon. I know I did. It will get better, but it's a remarkably slow process. Ask the doc. for some stretching exercises.
Unread 10-11-2006, 03:43 AM
Anybody with backache?

I never had a back problem in my life and I´m almost 50. That´s why I wasn´t mentally prepared as I got a terrible back ache after the operation. Otherwise I was fine. I was told it would be temporary. A gynecologist listened to my lungs and that was it. I took max doses of the medication ordered after home coming - zero effect. After 5 days I went to see a doctor. I had got a slipped disc, obviously during or after surgery. Got correct medication so I could move better and now, one week after, I feel pretty good. Unfortunately I had bought a rather hard, expensive, new bed - boasting at the store that this suits me the best since I never have any back problems even though I´ve trained combat sports.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register