TAH 5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting 5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting

Unread 09-10-2014, 08:53 PM
5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting

I am trying not to fall into a slump, but I feel like it is ground hogs day for me now and I cannot get past this phase of healing. I am still sore and still spotting. I have increased walking and doing things around the house, but I do hardly any lifting at all. At my 4 week appt my Dr restricted me to lifting more than 10 lbs for 8 weeks. For those who didn't read my 4 week post-op apply post, I had written my internal dissolvable stitches broke apart and opened on one corner of my incision. I go back this Tuesday to see if it closed at all and if not I will have to go back to the OR to be restitched.

Anyhow, I realize that it will take longer for me to heal inside, but I am tired of the constant soreness all day every day and I am so tired of the spotting. It is not often pinkish, but I do get that now and again. When does this stop? My dr said it will prob be about 8 weeks before I can resume all normal activities, but seeing how I am at 5 and feel stuck I thinking it will be longer than that. I can care less about when I am able to start having sex at this point...I just want the soreness and spotting to go away for good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 09:31 PM
5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting

I'm really sorry to hear about your setbacks. I can imagine it feels really frustrating to not feel like your usual self for so long. Big HUGS!

One of the pieces of advice I've taken to heart from the sisters here is to rest adequately. Have you been able to take a few pauses each day and lay flat in bed? I try to do this several times per day for 30-45 minutes per go. I rarely sleep. I just do something quiet (like read, watch Netflix, etc.) and allow my body to recharge.

I have never allowed myself to slow down this much in my life, and it certainly took a mental adjustment on my part to accept that it was time for me to make healing my new day job. But I think it has been a key part of my recovery.

I wish you all the best and I hope your recovery improves!
Unread 09-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Re: 5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting

I am sorry to hear that but let me just say that I was in the same situation as you were but my healing on the end of my vagina cuff wasn't healing quick so I hate to tell you this but it took me exactly 12 weeks to heal and the soreness had went away also.
As for the sex, I am with you on that issue I am not in no hurry and still haven't had none yet all I am dealing with now is my incision be itching like crazy.
Everything will be alright...Just don't do too much and rest when the body say to rest and take it easy
Hugs...Hugs...Hugs!
Keep you in my prayer HysterSister!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Re: 5 weeks post-hysterectomy STILL sore & Spotting

5 weeks was when I thought that I was not getting better and how was I going to go back to work!! However, it gets better each week and you will notice the difference. Even now, this week I feel less pain and swelling than last week. So it continues till you notice no problems at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register