Spotting when wiping, 3 weeks 1 day post op. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting when wiping, 3 weeks 1 day post op. Spotting when wiping, 3 weeks 1 day post op.

Unread 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Spotting when wiping, 3 weeks 1 day post op.

OK, so today is 3 weeks 1 day post op. I noticed that when I wipe that the spotting has returned. For the first week after surgery I didn't have any signs of blood or discharge. The second week scared me because there was blood and discharge when I wiped. That lasted about 4 days. Then it stopped until this morning. I noticed that today so far I have had blood when I wipe. Nothing on my pad (yes I still wear one just to protect my panties, those things are expensive and don't need to have them ruined). Just literally when I wipe. Its a reddish pink, with more emphasis on the red part. I called my doctor and she said that its normal. That only to be concerned if I am going through a pad or more an hour. She said that when she saw me last week everything was healed up minus two little spots.

(I had an Lapriscopic intervaginal hysterectomy with removal of my cervix, left ovary, uterus and tubes. I was left with my right ovary since it was not affected. Biopsy of my uterus came back showing a tumor the size of a normal sized woman's clenched fist which was pre-cancerous that did not show up on any of the scans that were done prior to the surgery. I was told that had I not have had the surgery that I would have developed full blown uterine cancer within 6 months.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Re: Spotting when wiping, 3 weeks 1 day post op.

OMGoodness!!!! You were SO incredibly lucky!!! Thank God!!!

How scary that nothing showed up prior to having it removed!!!??? Did you have an internal ultrasound, too? That's supposed to show everything!!?

Well, thank God you're okay now!

I am the "queen of leaking" that I don't understand!!! I, like you, had nothing the first 10 days! Nothing! Then it was like pink water, now it's brownish fluid. I can't wait for my post op visit on the 14th!!

I'm so happy to hear that you were healing properly and still seeing spotting! That makes me feel better!! I'm not doing anything crazy, still wearing my ugly baggy sweats and resting 90 percent of the day......yet I still leak....???

Well, again, I'm SO incredibly happy for you that your life was saved because of this procedure!!!!

Feel better, rest and hang in there!!!!

God bless!!!!
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:39 AM

It is completely normal to be spotting on and off for the first 6 weeks. When the internal stitches dissolve it can cause you to spot. Dont panic unless like your Dr said you bleed thru a pad an hour.

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 06:46 AM

Had my surgery 3 weeks and 1day post op. 5 days ago had severe pain by my left incision and ended up in the er. After a cat scan it was revealed I had a 10 mm stone blocking my ureter and left kidney. Followed by more large stones in both kidney ( I have kidney disease) never thought this could be a complication. I ended up having surgery yesterday to remove the blockage and kidney stones from both kidneys. Am not doing to well and the pain meds make me sick even with zofran. Stopped taking them 1 day out of the hospital for hysterectomy because of the severe vomiting. Gyno Dr checked me before the surgery and it looks like I ruptured a few stitches on the left side (side where the stone was blocking) needless to say I am back on the pain meds after the kidney surgery yesterday. This has been hard.. Any ideas to help with the pain it is hard to figure out what is what.
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:48 AM

Also yesterday right after surgery had a bright spot of blood and what looked to be a black stitch come out after wiping.
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankeelover View Post
It is completely normal to be spotting on and off for the first 6 weeks. When the internal stitches dissolve it can cause you to spot. Dont panic unless like your Dr said you bleed thru a pad an hour.

Tracy
Leave it to another Yankee fan to make me feel better!!!! Thanks, Tracy!! That was never told to me. The discharge papers said to report any leaking so I've been worrying too!
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:05 AM

You're very welcome!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register