Is it real? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Is it real?

Hello to my sister friends on this thread,

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Let's face it it's going to be Christmas and here we are being stressed to the MAX... with presents to buy and wrap with the exception of my very organized friend, Chris that seems to be way ahead of me on getting that accomplished already.

But you know somehow being the women that we are, we will get everything accomplished that is important to us in our lives and we will be with our loved ones that will support us through all of this.

Actually, being overloaded with things that we all want to have completed by 12/7, for some of us, isn't really that bad, is it? To be honest it's really taken the upcoming surgery off my mind for the moment. Especially today when I was trying to decide if the wreath that I had just hung over the mantel was exactly centered. It's those small things that are important to us, (at least me) that no one else may even notice, but rest assured it will bother "me" as I study that after becoming a princess lying on the sofa looking at it everyday.

I'm so happy to have this web-site to laugh with my fellow sisters. For today, I am happy and laughing. But wait until the week before 12/7. I'm counting on you guys to be there for me to remind me of how fun it's been decorating and making new friends here for I know the fear will take over and the tears will seem to never stop.

Thank you guys, now it's off to decorate some more.....

Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Is it real?

Yes, Itsie, it will all get done----at least all the things that really matter. I'm going on the 7th for my surgery and am also busy doing lesson plans for the sub. I figure that's all I have to have done by the 7th, I can always order gifts online. I did that 5 years ago when I had my appendix out shortly before Thanksgiving. I had no warning or time to prepare for that surgery and everything worked out fine anyway.

My biggest worry is that my surgery will be cancelled last minute like what happened to you. I don't think I could take that! Hang in there!

Barb
Unread 11-18-2004, 06:40 AM
Is it real?

I certainly agree with Rhonda -- having to get ready for Christmas so early (I'm usually pretty unorganized) has taken my mind off worrying about the surgery. I know otherwise I might be a basket-case by now.

Really, though, Itsie, anything that doesn't get done either can be done later, maybe with help if necessary, or doesn't really need to be done. Besides, there are always surprises. I found out last night that, in addition to our annual Christmas Day party which involves around 35 to 40 people, I'm going to be hosting Thanksgiving, too. We had planned to go to Thanksgiving at a relative's this year, as we do every year, but she called last night to say their home had flooded and it won't be entirely cleaned up by next week. So, after talking it over with DH, we've decided to have it here. Just something else to keep my mind off surgery!

It will all work out, Itsie. Just keep a positive attitude, try not to stress out and ask for help when you need it.

Hugs,
Chris
Unread 11-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Is it real?

I so totally understand! I am a teacher too. I was originally scheduled (and approved) to have my surgery July 7th and it was the perfect plan. I had a bunionectomy 2 weeks before and was recovering from that already. I wouldn't have to use any sick leave and I would have 8 weeks off before school began again. The operation was called off the day before...due to an abnormal ekg at the hospital... which later turned out to be done in error. I spent weeks crying and ended up so depressed I had to get on Prozac, which I'm still on. My surgery is this morning, I'm using 15 days of sick leave, but have 3 weeks of winter break so I'll have 6 1/2 weeks of recovery.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping and I'm bummed about that. I've ordered a pre-cooked Thanksgiving dinner and hope my teenage sons can figure out how to heat it up for us! (single parent)

I have to go to the hospital or I'd type more! I know what you've gone through. I went through a case and a half of paper xeroxing stuff for my sub.. Yikes!! A few of my students were crying because they're worried they'll miss me...I will miss them, I love my class (first graders).

Bottom line is, I need this surgery and it couldn't wait until next summer.

Good luck to you and God bless you too!
Unread 11-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Is it real?

Man! You all are so on top of it!!!! 3 trees Rhonda?!? How do you do it all? I haven't even bought my Turkey yet and I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year! I will be cleaning and baking all weekend for sure. Although I did get smart this year and hired someone to do the deep cleaning for me. All I can say is I am so very impressed by all of you!

I'm still very new to this site but can say it has relived my anxiety's in so many way's. Just knowing there are so many women out there dealing with something that previously I felt so alone in is helpful.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanx for being there and for inspiring me to get my things done in time and then relax and enjoy.
Unread 11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Is it real?

Thanks to all of my sweet sisters and your valuable input.
This week I have spent most of my energy on focusing on school work, getting prepared for a substitute and etc... I told my DH tonight, I could be ready for a sub now and am not stressing about that at all. I will probably still get emotional about leaving my class, but I'm sure after surgery, I won't be as concerned knowing I have to concentrate on recovering.
I also told my DH that Thanksgivng weekend I will not be around much, as I plan to shop and shop and shop. Sound fun? I think this weekend I am going to have my two children make me a Christmas list. My DS is 9, and in that stage where we are not sure he still believes in Santa or not, so I want to keep the magic there as much as possible. My DD is 14 and will be some help when I shop.........depending on her mood. (that's a whole new post)
So...if I can keep at my pace and get things done, continue to get online and read encouraging words from my sisters, then I think I will be okay.
I think it helps so much to know I am not alone...that other people are going through the same thing and around the holidays. AND that what gets done, gets done, and what doesn't...well it didn't need to be done that badly then.
I'm thinking of having someone coming in to do a good thorough cleaning before surgery, but I then I think I could save some money if I just would try to do it all myself.
OK OK I am rambling........thanks to all of you for talking me through this.
I love you all.
Unread 11-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Is it real?

Itsie,

Yea, sounds like a great plan. I haven't been on here much lately. All 4 trees are up and decorated (that was important to ME). I'm 85% done shopping; I'm making my cookie ingredient list to start on baking our traditional cookies right after Thanksgiving and DMIL goes back home.

I'm hoping that our sister friend, Chris is hanging in there with her to do list. She wins! I am inspired by all my sisters here that are planning and working like little elves to make their Christmas's traditional like every other year.

Itsie, I say get someone in to clean, you deserve it. I am and the thought of not having to do that while I'm busy doing everything else has taken a lot of pressure off.

I have a DS that is 9 also, he wants to believe in Santa, because he's afraid if he doesn't he may not get anything on Christmas. This may be his last year of trying to really believe. I'm sure your DD will be a big help, although I'm not there yet with our DS of being 14, he will turn 12 on the day I get out of the castle.

Good luck Itsie, it sounds like things are starting to fall in place. I've actually been able to put 12/7 off of my mind for most of the week. I'm so glad that I have Christmas to think about inside of the surgery, at least for now.

Rhonda
Unread 11-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Is it real?

s Itsie!! My hyster (TAH/BSO) is scheduled for December 8th too, so I'll need too have my Christmas shopping finished before I go to the castle as well. That's really difficult for me because I'm a corrections officer, working shift work with a CRAZY schedule. (We work 7 days on with 2 days off and only get 1 weekend off a month). This is my only weekend off before my surgery and wouldn't you know it--I'm laid up in bed with a terrible period. Cramps from "you know where" having a love affair with my heating pad :hair: !! But I decided (while under the influence of hot tea and pain meds <grin> what shopping I can't get done at the mall I'll be able to do over the internet!! As for my decorating I've had many offers from friends and family to help with that - looks like I may have to take them up on their offers. God bless them!! Now I've just got to find the solution for the dust bunnies (I think mine may have teeth; they don't look very friendly at this point)! I'm planning a sneak attack on them when I get home home after working my 2pm-10pm shift one day next week lol!!

But seriously ladies, I wish all of you the best on your upcoming surgeries. I know this is a stressful time for us to be scheduled for them. Do what you can and try not to worry about the rest. (I know, easier said than done). Concentrate on yourselves and getting yourselves well. Ask for help when you need it (some advice I'm trying to get through to myself as well) And turn to your friends and sisters here when you need us!!

I'll be keeping each of you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love and Hugs,
~Christy~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register