Enough Is Enough !!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Enough Is Enough !!!! Enough Is Enough !!!!

Unread 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Enough Is Enough !!!!

I am so tired of all the conflicting doctor information. My doctor sent me to a new GYN to help me with my issues.

1. Hormones/menopause symptoms
2. Mass on right ovary/pain
3. Breast pain

My doctor has told me I have gained weight due to lack of estrogen. She put me on hormones to help with dryness, insomnia, mood swings, depression, hot flash etc. Then she told me to weigh my options after she said I had fibro cystic breasts. I went off for a moment and got right back on because my menopausal symptoms returned very quickly.

I was reading that low progestorone can cause breast problems but...

This new GYN thinks that the estrogen is my problem with my breasts. She is saying my estrogen is fine on its own. That my sexual problems and my mood swings and my depression are because of post op hysterectomy depression. She said its kinda like post partum depression.

I don't know what to believe any more. All I know is that I feel better mood wise with the estrogen and my other symtoms are very small. My breasts still hurt awful even when I am off the estrogen. I tried to get her to understand that yes I am depressed a lot and mad and angry but who wouldn't be with all these problems being brought on by this hysto. I am having menopause symptoms, sexual dysfunction, angry, joint pain, breast pain, dry vagina, lack of concentration...my whole life has changed for the worst. I didn't start being depressed until all the problems and side effects started piling up.
Now I even have to go to a rhumatologist. This crap is a freaking night mare. They even want me to take drugs like I am just some flipping mad woman who has major issues.

My problem is none of my health problems that I attribute to this surgery is being fixed. They can't agree that I need hormones, what the problem is with my breasts, what is on my ovary, I am just crazy so I can't orgasm and I had an attachment to my uterus, why I am gaining weight(it is either the estrogen or lack of). Why does one doctor say my ovaries arent working and the other says they are and I am getting to much estrogen?? And now another doctor to add to the bunch. Why so many opinions, treatments, and advice??? I just don't see any hope or light with all this. I am tired and so close to the end of my rope...but not crazy.

I am sorry this is so long. I needed to rant and vent. Has anyone had this problem...I can't continue like this. I am constantly at the doctor's office. I am tired of feeling sick and old and not like me.

HELPP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Re: Enough Is Enough !!!!

I don't have any answers for you questions but I can tell you that I have been very emotional since my hysterectomy. I am constantly scared that something is going to go wrong or I am going to end up with a complication. I am afraid my family is going to get hurt & not be here with me. All kinds of what I can irrational fears. I am fighting the weight problem (again) & it is scary to know that I have to get all this weight back off again. I hope that you can find some piece. Through all this I think that is what I would like right now, just some piece & not to feel scared. I hope you get some answers soon!
Unread 07-13-2009, 07:24 PM

that sounds very frustrating to not have all the drs agree on the same thing. have any of the dr's done a hormone panel on you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue View Post
that sounds very frustrating to not have all the drs agree on the same thing. have any of the dr's done a hormone panel on you?
They checked my hormones and my thyroids. Actually my GP said my hormone numbers were good or normal but still gave me the Rx for the estrogen patches because of the menopause symptoms.
It is very frustrating.

Seabutterfly I hope things get better for you as well.
Unread 07-14-2009, 12:50 PM

Thanks. I am starting to feel a little better now. I don't know why I keep going through these days of panic & sadness. I am recovering very well so I don't really know what I am afraid of. I hope you get some answers soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register