Yes I'm Sure! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yes I'm Sure! Yes I'm Sure!

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes I'm Sure!

I'm getting things lined up and ready for my TLH scheduled in July and in the head I feel great. That sounds funny doesn't it? I've made my lists, I'm getting things sorted here at the house. For me, getting things checked off of all of the "to-do" lists help me feel more prepared.

A couple of days ago, I actually felt well. I could not remember a moment in the day where I was in pain. And once I recognized that I wasn't in pain I started to second guess this whole procedure. Well, maybe the meds are working finally after 2 years of trial and error... maybe this is a mistake.... am I rushing into this? And those thoughts can drive a woman to eat chocolate!

But then today my period hit me. Hard, the usual aches and pains, severe cramping, bleeding heavily with enormous blood clots, legs aching so badly it's hard to walk. Lower back pain and bottom pain reminiscent of labor. Migraines, the list goes on and on. Oh yes... this is what I know so well.

My dear uterus and I have not had a wonderful relationship since the start, and although she has helped me bring forth 2 gorgeous babies, it really and absolutely is time to part ways for good.

Yes I AM SURE! I will continue to make my lists and check them twice and get all things in order because once this is done, I need to get up and live my life!!

Hugs to all the ladies out there!

Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Re: Yes I'm Sure!

As I told my surgeon, July 22 is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm looking forward to the day where I can wear khaki pants without fear, the day I can be spontaneously intimate with my husband without fear of Aunt Flo. I wish you well on your journey!
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:36 AM

Sraedorr,

Yes!!! I feel so embarrassed when I cramp up during/after intercourse, or worse bleed! What a mess! Definitely looking forward to relief from those things happening in my relationship with my husband.

Great luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM

I did not have those types of symptoms before my surgery. I felt great before my surgery even though I had a huge fibroid - which I felt didn't affect me too much. An even with a diagnosis of possible ovarian cancer, I too had second thoughts about the surgery. You are not alone - no one really wants to go through major surgery!!!

My husband was so instrumental in telling me over and over why I needed surgery. So I did it. I'm 5 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. Hoping to get cleared for activities next week!

Good luck and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery!!!
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Jubees,

Kudos to your Hubby! My Hubby has been so sweet and supportive and caring. It overwhelms me.

I'm glad to hear you're healing up well! Great luck and blessing for continued healing.
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Sooo excited for you ((HUGS))
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM

Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register