New Body Odors - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Body Odors New Body Odors

Unread 09-12-2005, 10:38 AM
stinky pits

I'm glad that everyone that has tried Arrid cream is having success!!!! I tried it totally by accident and it worked for me and I wanted to spread the news!!! I have also had a nose like a bloodhound since my surgery (6-17-05) my DH tells me I can smell better than our dog! I live in south Louisiana and we were out of electricity due to Katrina and believe me, I was glad my Arrid was working!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2005, 05:11 PM
New Body Odors

In my teens and twenties I had terrible problems with sweating! I soaked through everything I wore and was always humiliated! Of course, the older I got, the more stinky it was. For a while the best I could find was Mitchum at night and some kind of spray deodorant in the morning. (I still had 'breakthrough' sweating at times.) Then a friend recommended Certain Dry. - hot & anxious mentioned this too - It almost works a little too well!

I don't remember the ingredients, but you can usually only get it at a pharmacy or drugstore like Walgreen's. You use it at night (that way you can shower in the morning and not worry about washing it off) and it totally closes your pores so you can't sweat. Be careful though, because if you spread it too far past the edge of your armpit it can cause a rash. After a few months, I only used it every other night and I still stayed dry. I used some plain old body powder in the morning to help with a little bit of odor.

Now in my 40s, I don't have the extreme sweating problem, so I stopped using it.

I went in for TAH/BSO on 9/6 and ended up only having LSO for a fist-sized ovarian cyst. I feel great now, and haven't had the pleasure of renewed sweating! (Unless you count my own 'personal summers' that I've been having the last year or so. :burning: )

My serious sweating now is from my head when I have a hot flash! It gets so bad that it runs down my face and my short hair gets just soaked! Anyone else have this problem?
Unread 09-14-2005, 06:24 PM
New Body Odors

I am hoping that I can shed a little ray of hope on all you ladies who are are suffering with being a little on the nose.

I am 3 years and 6 months post op (thought a post from an 'ol timer' in post op hyst years) and can tell you that for me it did get better.

It took a while for the body odour to go, and I totally agree that it is the aneasthetic (sp) and all the hormones going belly up. Or perhaps I am just used to stinking!! Only joking, I really don't anymore.

I was reading that after a hyst and not having any hormones (if you have your ovaries removed) you body can produce too much androgen (from other glands and things) and this can cause the problem. I am on Yasmin BC pill for HRT and this is great for me because the progestin in it has an anti-androgenic effect.

The one odour that has changed which I do hate is vaginal odour. Now I was reading, you know I read all these things and don't print copies so I can't find them again, anyway, this research said that vaginal testosterone can help balance everything up and make the smell more 'normal'. It also said that the vaginal and vulva tissues were more testosterone depending that oestrogen dependant. I am hoping someone who knows much more about it than me can shed some light.

Many of you are early in post op and I know it is hard not to get down about it, one great thing is that you all still have your sense of humour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2005, 10:47 PM
New Body Odors

Hi, Girls!
I DEFINITELY have a stronge body odor than before my TAH/BSO. I do't even go near my bed without taking a shower. No matter what the day's events - I smell like I was out running track!
I will try the arrid cream too - sounds like it has worked for some.
I don't notice any vaginal odor, so am thankful about that. Hope this isn't TMI - but dh says I taste the same too - I was kinda wondering about that, you know? The strange things we think of in the nights prior to surgery....

Here's wishing cool dry weather on us very soon...

Jo
Unread 09-15-2005, 05:24 AM
New Body Odors

Hi TamTam, yep. The sweating head is the worst for me. I am a dental assistant and my face, neck and hair drip--litterally! I also wear glasses, which fog up, and the sweat rolls into my eyes, then then burn! On top of that, I have to wear a mask and long sleeves (thank you OSHA ). Also, when I get up from my chair, I usually leave a little wet mark --how embarrasing is that! HELP
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:49 AM
New Body Odors

I thought it was just me - I told me husband must some kind of smell from the surgery! Also urine smells bad! My 6 wk checkup is next week after a complete hysterectomy - (Im 57) I just might ask him about this. My question though is about taking Black cohosh - I only have night sweats not really any other symptoms - I just dont know if it is for ladies who have had a "complete" hyterectomy or just those who still have their ovaries, ? Ive read so much about it and then read it can cause slower heart rate but is good for high blood pressure which I did have until I started taking a water pill for it and now is about 125/70 something. Anyone taking these. Ive been taking a Soy pill mornings.
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:15 AM
New Body Odors

I was always a heavy sweater. After the birth of my first daughter, my pits started smelling. Post op, even with all the sweating, I don't smell a thing. Hope this trend lasts!

Eleni
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:16 AM
New Body Odors

Hi Sisters!

I'm so thankful I found this sight! I'm one week post op. I too have started noticing the "stinkies"! Yesterday I started smelling this strange odor from "down there". Thought I might be coming down with an infection. Now I know it's normal!
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:34 AM
New Body Odors

I also bought baby wipes - why not they cant hurt babies use them - I bought the ones with lotion - cause my legs also were getting really chafe from sweating.
And I switched from antibacterial soap to DOVE to see if that makes a difference
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
New Body Odors

I thought it was the anesthetic also....probably had a lot to do with it - it has died down a little I think - but I am using diff soap and also baby powder with cornstarch with the baby wipes. I dont smell it anymore. But the urine still smells a lot I thought I was getting an infection but had it checked yesterday nothing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register