Comfy Clothes for Post-Op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Comfy Clothes for Post-Op? Comfy Clothes for Post-Op?

Unread 08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Comfy Clothes for Post-Op?

I'm thinking about this after reading the "Wearing Pants" thread, but couldn't ask there since I'm still Pre-Op and that was a Post-Op thread...anyway...

What kind of clothes were most comforable following your surgery? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that had Dvh. It sounds like sundresses might be the best bet for awhile, both to not irritate the incisions and because of "swelly belly". Were you able to wear clothes that had elastic waist, like yoga pants/capri's/gym shorts, or not? And if so, when?

I'm sure I won't care much the first week or so as I probably won't leave the house, but once I start getting out, I'm just curious. Also want to plan for going back to work. I own very few dresses but did just order a couple cheap sundresses on clearance from WalMart.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Re: Comfy Clothes for Post-Op?

What a great question! I hadn't even thought about what to wear yet. I'm thinking my husbands boxers might be comfy! Haha! I just got rid of all of my fat clothes...Maybe I will pick up a few things at the resale shop and then just re-donate after the swelling goes down.
Unread 08-05-2011, 02:40 PM

I'm hoping my pull on capri's will be comfortable enough for the ride home from the hospital. After I'm home, I plan on being in my comfy pj's, at least until I feel like getting dressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2011, 02:50 PM

A friend of mine who had abdominal surgery (was a myomectomy, not a hyst, but the same type of incision) advised me to avoid anything with an elastic waist for the first couple of weeks. Even though the elastic is well above the incision for a bikini cut, she said it's hard to get those pants on and off and they're just not comfortable.

Even most of my pajamas have elastic waists, so I'm gonna buy some cheap drawstring pj pants and sundresses this weekend.
Unread 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM

I just saw some draw string pants at CVS for $10! I may just go back and get them.
Unread 08-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Im wearing comfy elstasic pants from Target they are great!
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM

I love the yoga pants/capris from Target. The waist band is just an extension of the pant if that makes any sense...you don't even recognize it. I wear a uniform to work, so once I get home I usually just throw on a pair of running shorts, I quickly found the elastic in those to be way too tight. I'm sure something with a draw string would be nice too that way you can loosen it if necessary when you're sitting.
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM

Gacki, what kind of work do you do?
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:50 PM

Queenie,

I'm actually Active Duty Army. I'm currently working as a Health Care Recruiter.
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:52 PM

And you're already back at work?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register