Bleeding at 4 wks post total hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding at 4 wks post total hysterectomy Bleeding at 4 wks post total hysterectomy

Unread 09-03-2014, 06:06 AM
Bleeding at 4 wks post total hysterectomy

Woke up in panic yesterday morning with some bright bleeding. Basically only when I wiped. Spoke to doc he said if I'm not soaking a pad or having period like flow he feels it is due to some stitches coming out. At four weeks he said they should be falling out. Please can anyone tell me they had some "spotting" when stitches were coming out, PLEASE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2014, 06:23 AM
Re: Bleeding at 4 wks post total hysterectomy

Hi, If it matters any I actually spotted from the time I left the hospital until week 12 when it stopped completely. I learned that if my movements increased like from returning to work and such that my spotting increased a little. I couldnt tell when stitches were coming out because I had literally a spot the entire time. Hang in there, everything that you posted seems totally normal and afterwhile it should be all over with and then you can say
Unread 09-03-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina77 View Post
Hi, If it matters any I actually spotted from the time I left the hospital until week 12 when it stopped completely. I learned that if my movements increased like from returning to work and such that my spotting increased a little. I couldnt tell when stitches were coming out because I had literally a spot the entire time. Hang in there, everything that you posted seems totally normal and afterwhile it should be all over with and then you can say
Thank u thank u for replying. What's funny I did not bleed at all during recovery so when I saw this I freaked. My doc said that if something were to have gone wrong it would have been in the beginning not now 🙏. It's been 4 wks this past Monday and I haven't had one issue. I am trying to be off my feet as much as I can. I would think if I had "torn" stitches that I would be bleeding constantly and heavy. Which I'm not. Just the occasional "wipe". Sorry. I'm just nervous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrahamr View Post
Thank u thank u for replying. What's funny I did not bleed at all during recovery so when I saw this I freaked. My doc said that if something were to have gone wrong it would have been in the beginning not now ��. It's been 4 wks this past Monday and I haven't had one issue. I am trying to be off my feet as much as I can. I would think if I had "torn" stitches that I would be bleeding constantly and heavy. Which I'm not. Just the occasional "wipe". Sorry. I'm just nervous
You're welcome. I totally understand the reason for your post. No apology for your post is needed, that is what this site is for to get support, ask questions, and support others.
Unread 09-03-2014, 08:25 AM

Ingrahamr,
As Trina said your increased activity may have caused the spotting. Mine was directly related to the amount I was up too long or doing too much. But since it never was very much and always slowed with rest I was sure I really had not done too, too much. Don't be surprised if it continues and looks tan or brown. This is also normal as long as it is never a lot. If so then head to the Dr. Sounds like you are doing great. Staying vigilant is never wrong.
Lots of hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-03-2014, 08:39 AM

I didn't spot at all until just a few days ago. Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op. Everything that I have read has told me that it is perfectly normal. I have noticed very miniscule "blobs". I am guessing that it could be the stitching. The "blobs" (I don't know any way else to describe it, kind of like when right before you have a baby and your mucus plug comes loose. Except this is little bits the size of a pin head.) as mucousy color and consistency. Not many of them, just a few. I have follow up tomorrow, so I have a list of questions for the doc.
Unread 09-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullnncslady View Post
I didn't spot at all until just a few days ago. Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op. Everything that I have read has told me that it is perfectly normal. I have noticed very miniscule "blobs". I am guessing that it could be the stitching. The "blobs" (I don't know any way else to describe it, kind of like when right before you have a baby and your mucus plug comes loose. Except this is little bits the size of a pin head.) as mucousy color and consistency. Not many of them, just a few. I have follow up tomorrow, so I have a list of questions for the doc.
Let me know what doc says
Unread 09-03-2014, 10:03 AM

this is my first day on the blog... this helped me tremendously since I just started spotting a little 4 weeks out. But I have increased my activity level quite a bit and I went back to work part time. I went back full time a little over a week ago... so, I am thinking this is to be expected. I will keep a watch on it, but otherwise, I am thinking its ok thanks for all the information!
Unread 09-03-2014, 11:27 AM

At my 2week appoint ment my dr told me expect some bleeding in ur 4/5 week! As it caused by vaginal stitches healing!! I haven't had any since surgery but I know it is perfectly normal
Unread 09-03-2014, 11:57 AM

When I had my surgery I told my doc how much I was looking forward to throwing away my sanitary products. She told me to hold on to them, as I was likely to bleed at around 4weeks when my stitches dissolve.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register