Ovary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Ovary

It's been awhile that I have visited these forums. I'm searching for some info, and counting on some of my sisters for help.

I had a hysterectomy 17 months ago. It's something that I didn't even think about anymore. I have no regretts about having one.

I was one who decided to leave my left ovary in. Last week i started having pain in it. I went to see my dr. and she tells me I need an ultrasound done. Which is set for tomorrow afternoon. She said she found a mass about 4 1/2 cm. I do hope it's just a cyst. I'm kinda worried though. How many of you that has left one or both of your ovaries, has this happened too? Any ifo would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Ovary

I hope your ultrasound went okay. I had my ovaries out, so I cannot offer any input about what you are experiencing, but hopefully someone will come along who has had similar experience.

Let us know what you find out.

Hang in there

s
Unread 10-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Ovary

Suzy,

I had the ultrasound. It is a Cyst. The good news is it had already shrunk in size. They think when I ovulate, How ever you spell it. That I am now forming the Cyst. So were going to try Birth controll, and see if this helps. If not we will see what happens. I will try anything. I really don't want another surgery. Thanks for replying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Ovary

karole....

Just read your post . . . Glad it was a cyst.

They are all too common, aren't they?!

I kept my L ovary and glad I did. I lost the rt ovary to a 10cm monster fibroid.
I've had only small cysts in the past but it certainly frightens you.

Hope the BC helps.
Unread 10-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Ovary

at about 2 months post op (i think) i was having pain on my left side (where Lonesome Lefty, my left-behind left ovary lives). saw the doc for fear i had done some surgical related damage only to discover that Lefty had been feeling unloved and in need of some attention, so had created herself a hemorrhagic cyst. Going back soon for a recheck on her but since the pain has reduced, I'm guessing this may have resolved (or started to resolve) itself.

so you are definitely not alone.

feel better!
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Ovary

I was two weeks post op and developed a 3x5 cyst, since my uterus was small it was almost as large as that. Took a few weeks to go away, but it has. A lot of cysts will do this. Hope your ultrasound goes well and they find a simple functioning cyst that goes away all on it's own!
Jen
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Ovary

Isn't it funny that once we have the Hyst, we think were not going to have anymore problems. I know things will work out for me. I just take one day at a time. Thats all we can do. Thanks for your replys!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register