Questions about hysterectomy and tummy tuck? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions about hysterectomy and tummy tuck? Questions about hysterectomy and tummy tuck?

Unread 01-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Questions about hysterectomy and tummy tuck?

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I am delighted to have found all of my fellow sisters. I am due to have crown on the 28th of January. Fibroids , cyst, heavy bleeding (wear 2 napkins at one time), endometriosis and miserability. Smile! I was wondering if anyone had a tummy tuck when they did the TAH. Did the gyn surgeon do it or did they have to have a plastic surgeon come in and do the tummy tuck. I really want a tummy tuck. I've been dreaming of one for 10 years. I haven't asked my gyn Dr. about it yet. I have a pre-op on the 23rd. And thanks for giving so much information about our battle wounds. I'm inspired. I love this site.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2003, 03:45 AM

I wish I had thought of it. Your insurance won't cover it. If something goes wrong with the hyst, maybe one guy will blame the other for complications and then that won't be covered.
Unread 01-21-2003, 04:11 AM

Hi dimonz!!!!

Welcome to Hystersisters!!!! I hope your finding your way around the boards and have checked some other areas of the site, there is so much info here. We even have a Florida forum in hystsister sisters in the united states. Pop on over and introduce yourself!!! we'er an active bunch that's for sure

In regard to the tummy tuck....I had a mini tuck done back in April and the surgery really depends on the doc. Some docs want a plastic surgen there some don't...my Gyn was able to do mine during that particular procedure. And Insurance did cover mine and it was labled "abdominal muscle repair". A few other ladies here have also had a tummy tuck and some had their insurance cover it some had to pay out of pocket. I think it has a lot to do with how the doc words it when he puts in for the approval.

If you do a search (top right corner of this page) and type in tummy tuck, you'll find a few posts about this subject as a few sisters here have had it done.

Hope this helps sweetie!!!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2003, 05:28 AM

Hi

You may want to call and ask before your pre op apt, because if your gyn won't (or doesn't) do it and you still want to have it done at the same time you need to find a plastic surgeon asap and then hope he can work it in when your hyst is scheduled.

Best wishes!
Unread 01-21-2003, 06:44 PM

I'M SO GLAD I DID IT!!!!!!

TC
Unread 01-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Tummy tuck would be cosmetic and not covered

under my insurance plan and if that is what I wanted, I better be prepared to ante up some cash. But it would cover the anesthesia, recovery room and hospitalization under the hyster proc code, so some savings there.
Unread 01-25-2003, 01:08 AM

I'm debating the same thing, surgery in March 2003--what can I expect with cost and who preforms the TT?
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:53 AM

A plstic surgeon did my TT for the cost of $5200 Feel free to email me and I'll answer anthing. I started arrangements 5 weeks in advance. I checked to see if the PS was even available at my date and atime. If not, then there was o sense in going further.

TC

texaschick@hystersisters.com
Unread 01-25-2003, 04:46 PM

My gyn did my tuck and since it went on insurance....I really have no idea how much mine was...

Sorry I can't help ya on that one....

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register