NovaSure Ablation Feedback Please! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NovaSure Ablation Feedback Please! NovaSure Ablation Feedback Please!

Unread 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM
NovaSure Ablation Feedback Please!

I had Novasure ablation in January 2007. My periods went from 7-9 days down to about 3-4 days. The bleeding was lighter after the ablation but after about 5 months I went from 2-3 days of pain each month to having pain almost the entire month. By January 2008 I was pain-free for only about 7 days out of the month. I would start having pain almost a week before my period and it would continue for about a week or so after my period. I never really had PMS until after I had the ablation, then I had increasingly intense mood swings, horrible cramps, and was so tired I couldn't hardly function. But, as my doctor stated "my periods were lighter".

Everyone is so different. What worked for one women, might not work for another and vice versa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 09:07 AM

I had it April 2006 and it didn't work. My doc says I'm his only 'failure'.

It was for heavy bleeding.
I'm still bleeding, every day, (lovely) - I'm having laproscopic hysterectomy with daVinci robot on June 18th -

I found I was in severe pain the day after the Novasure - everywhere - even eyelids!! I wouldn't recommend it - It didn't work and caused agony for a day.
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Sounds a lot like me! One year after the Novasure the doctor told me I was the one in three that it didn't work for. The bleeding was lighter but the pain was awful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM

I was scheduled on 4/25/08 for nova sure. I didn't go into this whole prodecure with even the notion that it coudn't be done.

In recovery the doctor told me she couldn't do the procedure because my uterus wasn't wide enough. She tried using 2 machines, thinking the first one was malfunctioning.

So now I am considering a hysterectomy.

Aimee
Unread 05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
blessing in disguise

alspj95,
I hope your recovery is going well. It might just be a blessing the machine did not fit. I had no idea about the bad consequences that can happen if the ablation does not work for a girl.
I wish I would have known then what I know now. If it does not work and causes scarring and blockage to the tubes the pain is worse than anything !!! If the ablation does not work you are more than likely going to have to have a hysterectomy anyway. I am on the pill right now hoping it will help. So far so good. Am fighting having to have more surgery. How was your hysterectomy? Hospital stay, recovery till now?How was the procedure you had done?Too many ladies have had an ablation gone bad!!! I could not recommend it to anyone.
Best wishes,
Loveshorses in sc
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM

I have just discovered this site and wish I had before 9/07 when I opted for the Novasure procedure. I am now scheduled for a a full hysterectomy in June. After the Sept. Novasure Ablation, things were awesome. Ideal surgery results. No pain, no bleeding for almost 7 months. However, now, much more pain and bledding has returned with a vengeance. Good luck...ask really good questions...
Unread 05-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Ditto for me. It lasted eight months, then the pain came back worse than ever. The bleeding wasn't that heavy, but the pain was horrible, and I feel like I have a high pain tolerance. I also spotted all month long. Good Luck with your decision.
Unread 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
novasure ~ not sure

Im 47 and periods were always every 28 days. Now within the last 4 years have 1 day of heavy bleeding, and within the last 2yrs. that 1 day is with alot of big clots that happen when getting up after sitting. now within the last 5 months 1 day is staying at home and going thru at times 10 pads. And now at night i have to get up and change big night time pads. Pap was normal from my reg Dr. but thought i should go to gyb. Now i know im 47 and figured this is somewhat of a normal aging thing. But my Dr. said i should get the novasure to stop the bleeding. But im not sure im ready for this or if there is something else that can be done. The thought of getting rid of my uterus lining scares me. My last period in may is the 1st time i went for 16days 5 of them heavy. this could change next time. I have never cramped and reading the replys on endometrial ablation I think i can live with the heavy clotting for a day or two. as long as everything else is normal. Is the cramping caused by the lining being gone not sure what to do
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:09 AM

I had nova ablation and it was great for about a year. I had a small amount of bleeding each month for that year but no biggie. Then started having labor like cramps with my periods. It was horrendous and I was miserable each month for about 7 days. After awhile the cramps became a daily experience for me. I really felt like I was in labor all of the time. On March 4th (2 1/2 years after my ablation), I had a total hysterectomy.
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:43 AM

nacho101,
Hope this info is helpful. I ended up getting a lavh on May 19th after being to the place where I could no longer take the pain or stress of knowing it would be coming.Everything has gone great.I wish I would have listened to my DR. He fussed at me for over a year to get hysterectomy after the ablation did not work.My surgery lasted not the typical hour but two hours and fifteen min. The left ovary,tube and intestines were all stuck together by endometriosis. The right tube had an infection and the uterus weighed twice as much as it should have.Now the moral to this story is,talk to your Dr. ask alot of questions. Get an ultrasound,do a laparoscopy find out what is causing the bleeding. Ablation is much easier but if it does not work complications can happen. It does not work well if you have large fibroids. Scaring and adhesions can occur. If you already have endo and you don't know you have it the ablation will not help. Find out why you have the heavy bleeding first!! Talk about your options. Ablations do not work on a percentage of women. Just be aware of that fact. I was one of the unlucky ones and ended up getting the hysterectomy but am doing great now.No pain and sleeping all night long. As far as the lining growing back that is what can cause scarring. If scarring and adhesions (pockets were blood can get trapped) occur you can get pain. Educate yourself and find out what is causing the heavy bleeding.
Good luck,
I hope this helped.
Loveshorses

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register