Scheduled TAH 6 days to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:57 AM
6 days to go

I'm anxious to be on the others side.
My problem is I am pretty vain...and usually pretty confident physically. Since this problem I feel old and gross...I'm only 34..I haven't been able to work out in forever and who knows when I can again. These hormones dry out my skin. I have no energy. The budding relationship I thought I was in was all a lie and I hate men! I already had trust issues and every time I'm hurt it's harder to trust next time. I've given up...no more guys. I'm gonna be recovering alone. I have a few friends that feel sorry for me and will probably come visit in the hospital. Most if my family is dead and of the 3 first cousins I have left I only like 2. I'm normally a very emotional person and my sitch is making it worse.

Hoping surgery goes well...thanks for letting me whine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Re: 6 days to go

Hi,

You're welcome to vent here. I know sometimes everything can all feel crushingly overwhelming.

I got my first diagnosis at age 30 and that was a total shock. I had not been married, no kids, not even dating at the time. Really changes perspectives! I was able to have a myomectomy to try to preserve fertility although that didn't work out for me. Still glad I did it because it bought me 10 years.

Had the hysterectomy at age 41 which is not exactly old.

You will be able to work out. Talk to your doctor about what you'll be cleared for. I started walking Day 5 and gradually increased my time / distance until I was up to 3 miles a day. I lost weight, clothes fit better, confidence is back.

I kept my ovaries so I do still have hormones and PMS type symptoms but it's way easier than what it was before.

You will be in a much better place very soon. It's perfectly fine to vent every once in a while.

Hang in there and good luck!
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Thanks..I really hope so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM

It didnt help that at preop yesterday I saw a couple chicks there with their husbands or boyfriends. Which made me feel more alone.
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM

I am single, only moved to this area recently, have no family around and fortunately the wife of a couple i know has jumped in to help me. I know things seem overwhelming .. In 2011, I lost my home and business, l moved to NC and lost my job last month right after buying a new car. I kept saying when will this end ... After nearly passing out several times i saw my doctor on Thurs, had surgery yesterday and am going home today. I have found several people on here that are alone ... And many others who are single parents with little or no help. You will get through it. Although i do of course have some abdominal pain, i already feel "stronger", and it's less than 24 hours after surgery. I know i have to take it easy for a few weeks, which means no income ..
You do however stop being vain, ask for help and realise you will be "physically" out of it for several weeks. Stop worrying about men and relationships, there are more important things you need to put your energy into right now.
And your friends genuinely want to help so stop with the pity party thinking they just feel sorry for you, reach out to them, and accept their help. A positive attitude will really help with your recovery, and you have new friends here who don't just "feel sorry for you" but want to help you, like others helped us. Sorry if I sound harsh but here's a little ((hug)) to help
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:23 PM

I didn't have the most positive attitude when I was completely healthy...but I could always say..at least I had my health. Now that's iffy
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:48 PM

BonaDea,
My hysterectomy is Jan 15th, the day after yours!! I am scared to death!!! I also know how you feel about the husband/boyfriend part. I have my family and thats it. Hang in there!! It will be over soon for both of us!!!!
Unread 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
6 days to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyWoman40 View Post
BonaDea,
My hysterectomy is Jan 15th, the day after yours!! I am scared to death!!! I also know how you feel about the
husband/boyfriend part. I have my family and thats it. Hang in there!! It will be over soon for both of us!!!!
I really hope I feel like my old self after and life gets better this year

Good luck to u
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:26 PM

My surgery is on the 16th. I'm 40, single, and don't have any kids. I feel lucky that I have a lot of family and friends who will be helping me after my surgery and during my recovery.

At 34, don't give up on men but at the same time, remember to live your life for yourself. Even though I'm single, there are a lot more exciting and fun adventures out there that don't involve men - speaking from experience.

As much as I would love to find a wonderful partner to share my life with, I have never been on a 'time line' when it comes to dating and relationships, and a relationship is not the end-all, be-all. You have to be happy for you and I learned a long time ago that my happiness depends on me - not anyone else and most definitely, not a man.

I spent my 30s having fun and making up for lost time from my 20s. I spent my entire 20s in a relationship. I don't regret the decisions I made back then and it was a time of learning and growing for me, but I wish I had dated different people and not spent 7 years of my life in an on-again, off-again tumultuous relationship that wasn't healthy for me.

We live and learn and make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up hun. Wishing you best of luck with your surgery and life will get better!! Sending hugs!
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM

Well Said NewinNC2012

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register