LSH Ouch... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Ouch...

Laying here awake in a bit of pain. Had surgery Wed., have good moments and not so good moments. Had Adenomyosis and a couple large fibroids, So glad I found this awesome site. So encouraging, I needed this right about now. I'm a below knee amputee, making the healing process a bit more difficult. I'm moving around more but it sucks when I have to pee in the middle of the night, have to put on prosthesis instead of hop, which means I have to bend over which hurts. Sleeping on back sucks.. Cramps.. Bloated.. And still haven't had a bowel movement. I am taking collace stool softer. Sorry to be so whiney Looking forward to some healing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2014, 04:35 AM
Re: Ouch...

Sorry Mandita your feeling the recovery blues, but just know it's a part of the process we've all had to go through. My only suggestion is to get out of bed as much as you can during the day. It helps tremendously with getting those bowels to moving. My doctor recommended I take Milk of Mag, and although it took about 3 or 4 days to kick in, when it did I felt so much better. Even a little less whiney. LoL. Trust me, you'll figure out your way through this. We all had to. I will say...although you have to be careful with the bending please don't hop at this point, that can hurt you more than help. I personally found it easier to bend more after the first week and a few BMs. But I had Davinci Laproscopic procedure....everything gone except ovaries. Not sure which you had...abdominal may be different. Either way take one day at a time. I will get better it you allow yourself to heal properly. Take care, and stay connected to this network...it was truly a blessing to me while in my at home recovery time.
Unread 01-13-2014, 04:50 AM

mandita & the healing process may be a little more challenging for you, but I'll bet you are a tough cookie and will adapt and adjust just fine

A couple of things; if you haven't been doing do already, try to make sure to take your pain meds as scheduled. It's best to stay ahead of the pain. Your body can't focus in its healing if its focused on its pain. As for the BM, be patient, it'll come I didn't have my first one until day five. Keep taking your stool softeners and drinking plenty of water. I know the increased water intake, will increase the bathroom trips, frustrating, but it is necessary.

When you get a chance, I invite you to fill out our survey if you haven't done so already. Also, at the top of the page you'll find hysterectomy checkpoints, click on it and you'll find recovery checkpoints tailored to your recovery date.
Here is link for a Recovery Progress Thread that has ladies that had surgery the same week as you. you'll find that many of you are experiencing the same things at the same time.

in there, it does get better

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM

Thanks guys I had a LSH and kept ovaries, only took uterus. I walk around a lot during the day, I have an 8 yr. Old,.. I cramped all night last night, even through pain meds. Thanks for letting me know there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Def. No hoping

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register