Multiple Drs. Coordination and Cancellations | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Multiple Drs. Coordination and Cancellations Multiple Drs. Coordination and Cancellations

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Multiple Drs. Coordination and Cancellations

Did any of you have to coordinate multiple Drs. prior to your surgery?

I am sure there are many on this Forum that have more than one Dr. If so, did you have to get a clearance from one or more of them?

Did any of them refuse to clear you for one reason or the other?

Did any of you have your surgery cancelled for non-GYN related issues.

Maybe I am worrying about nothing. I need to get a clearance from my Pulmo and my GP. I am working it but it has not happen so far.

My GYN wants them to sign off on my surgery.

Have you girls encountered such things in your pre-op? How did you deal with it?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:01 AM

I had 2 docs from 2 hosps for my upcoming surgery, the gyno for the hyst and a general surgeon for bowel resection. It took some time to get a date, now the hosp where it was to be done won't do it because they don't provide the level of aftercare I will apparently need, so now I am trying to get the other docs hosp to schedule it and am also waiting on a referral to an oncologist/gyno who would perform the whole surgery alone, so I'm waiting and it will be first come first served!!! There I hate the waiting.... as far as I know, I was to have one set of pre op tests and I can't see why one doctor would ok the results and another one wouldn't, they get the same information, but I would think if there was a conflict, it would be the decision of the lead surgeon.
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:09 AM

I know I have 2 dr's but I haven't heard that I need clearance from them all,, I go for my pre op app. today so will find out more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Hi Mercredi

in there.

I had a similar thing, but mine was really handled for me. All I did was show up at the various appointments.

My HMO has a policy that the Primary Care Physician has to sign off first. So the way they do it is they coordinate all of the appointments. First I went to PCP and he did an exam, EKG, ordered bloodwork, and urinalysis and told me that my next appointment was the following day (which I knew) and that he would make sure results were in. I then went to my GYN (same day) because I HATE needles and I wanted to make sure that she didn't need any additional bloodwork ordered. Good thing I did. They needed a couple of other things.

My appointment the following day was with my allergist - I have asthma. He did some tests. Charted my breathing results and signed off.

The final appointment was with my GYN/Surgeon. She got results and signatures from the others. Answered questions and said that because she had recently seen me, she didn't need to do an exam. She sent me for a chest x-ray and that was it.

I may have gone crazy if I had to schedule all of that myself, but because I was a surgical candidate (their term) - they rearrange things and get you in.

I'm praying that everything works out for you.

Blessings on you ....
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Thanks everyone. Shellbear, let us know how your Pre-Op went.

I guess I will just have to wait until the first part of next week to figure this all out.

Good luck to each of you and thanks again for your input.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register