Very emotional!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very emotional!! Very emotional!!

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Very emotional!!

Okay sisters, I am four weeks out today. I seem to be improving every day physically, but emotionally I am a wreck!! I am having the sleeping issues that many of you are having so I'm trying not to nap during the day. I am doing more around the house to stay busy, but I find I'm always either mad about something or crying. I had been experiencing menopause symptoms two years before my surgery, but nothing like this. The hot flashes are much more brutal as well. Having more time on my hands I find myself worrying and thinking about everything way too much!! If I don't have anything to worry about I can still find something. It is very frustrating. I saw in another post where someone didn't like this weak feeling. I concur. Will this get better or am I going to have to break down and try HRT to level out? My Mom died of breast cancer and I'm a little leary of HRT, but I am desparate! HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Very emotional!!

i am sorry , i no how you feel i had my surgery july 2nd of this yr and then july 17th i started hemroging they had to go back in and stitch me back up i went thru so much trama i lost 2.5 pts of blood, and i worry all the time ,my blood level is down and it set me back 3 weeks, i am afraid to do anything ,my family doctor put me on xanax to help, plus i am on estrogen patches that helped alot, i understand how you feel, take care, sandy
Unread 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Very emotional!!

You should talk to your Dr. about all your mood swings and how you are feeling and about your mom and the HRT. Maybe then can come up with alternative that you can try. They will listen and try to help you any way they can so you don't have to go through this on top of recovering also. Hoope you are doing better. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Very emotional!!

Go ahead and cry honey. I am crying while reading your post. I am 36, 4wks out after a radical hyst, and my husband and daughter probally think I am a freak with my emotional rollercoaster. I am BAWLING, not just a few tears. And RAGING when I am angry but I have to know when to breath so I dont scare my family. I have decided that I have been thru alot and that part of the healing is losing my hormones. Try talking with your doctor about just a little HT. I am taking just 2 pumps of evamist since I had endo really bad , they say to watch out with HT with endo also as it keeps growing with hormones. I know it is scary but call and DEMAND to talk to your doctor. Not the nurse or VM but the doctor. hope you feel better!!!
Unread 08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Very emotional!!

(((Kaky)))

I know all about being emotional. I was hoping my anti-Ds would help. Well, I am sure they ARE helping. If I wasn't on them I'd probably be 100x worse than I am (I have been on them for years).

Just breathe deep and slow, when you feel an angry outburst coming on, close your eyes, breathe in, and count to ten. It really does work.

And when you feel like you have to cry. Let it out.

Listen to that song by Anna Nalick - Breathe

Hugs
Jess
XOXOX
Unread 08-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Very emotional!!

Wow, thanks for all the stories and encourgaging words. I never dreamed this surgery would be so overwhelming in so many ways. But we are strong women and we will overcome. I can't get in to see my Doctor until next Thursday and I don't want to see anyone else so I'm going to try to tough it out. My family doesn't know what to think either, but they are being very patient with me. Good luck to all of you and thanks for responding!! It truly means alot.
Unread 08-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Very emotional!!

anytime hang in there, we are all in this together,
Unread 08-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Very emotional!!

Thats what we are all here for.......each other!
Unread 08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Very emotional!!

(((Kaky))) We are with you and understand it. I had a rare blue day today and its been 5 1/2 weeks and I thought it was done with. Let us know what your dr says. For me its mostly good these days, so be encouraged! Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register