Scheduled TAH Hotflashes from Lupron and MIL rant | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hotflashes from Lupron  and MIL rant Hotflashes from Lupron and MIL rant

Unread 05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Hotflashes from Lupron and MIL rant

I have been on Lurpon shots since January. This is the second time during the fight with endo that the doctors have put me on lurpon. The first time was about ten years ago when I was in college. It worked wonderfully and I didn't have many of the side effects that people have, plus it helped with my bleeding/pain issues. Well, this time I have not been as lucky. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster of hotflashes and mood changes. I am sure it is due to the planned hysterectomy at the end of this current 3-month cycle. I have some really good friends and family members who have supported me through the ups and downs towards the surgery. However, my MIL has been a complete headache. Things have always been tense with my in-laws, but I was thinking a life changing surgery like this would melt her ice, but I was wrong. I should just know not to "bother" her for support, but I seem to never learn. Her most recent comment has really gotten to me. Spring has FINALLY came to ND and the hotflashes have gotten worse now that the weather is warming up too. I had written an email to my friends and family to ask for prayers becuase the hotflashes were getting to bad and I was getting scared about if I will be able to handle all these changes happening to me. Well, I got a reply from many friends and family, plus from my "loving" MIL. I am qouting what she wrote me when I was begging for support and guidances during this time.
"Don't hate me but I am 62 years old and never had a hot flash!"
That is all she said and wrote. The reason I am writing this is how do you deal with people you have to deal with when they seem to have NO grasp of how you are feeling and how scared you are? She is even trying to convince my husband that "women have hysterectomies all the time. There is no reason for you to hang out at the hospital while she is in surgery." I was so proud of him that he replied that "HIS wife is going through this and he WILL be there to hold her hand the whole time!"
So I ask again, what do you say or do when outside forces seem to be trying to make you insane and full of questions at a time when you just need some love and support?
Thanks for letting me rant and I look forward to reading your comments.

Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Re: Hotflashes from Lupron and MIL rant

Kris, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. BIGs to you!!!! I have never been on Lupron so I don't know what you are going through but I do sympathize with you!! I am very glad to hear that you have a good support system. That is so very important!!!

As far as your MIL goes, maybe she is jealous of the attention you will be getting from her son and everyone else??? My MIL was that way (she has passed on a year ago) she needs to understand that you need your DH and like it or not he is going to be there. Kudos to him for letting her know in advance too!!!! You are a very lucky lady!!!!!
This is just my

Best of luck to you!!!!!!
Unread 05-17-2009, 07:28 PM

I have a very similar MIL in fact she is so bad that we didn't speak to her for more than a year. We went to talk with her last night and she could hardly say anything about my upcoming surgery. She only wanted to talk about herself and complain that we don't do enough for her.

You deal with her the only way that you can, put on a graceful smile, try not to let your gritting teeth show and ignore her comments, she isn't going to help you because it takes the attention off of her. The comment she made was meant to illicit an "oh really" or "seriously, what did you do" response. In otherwords to get everyone to ask her how she did it.

If she gets to the point that she is completely unbearable tell her what you think, chances are she will leave you alone and complain to your hubby. Who based on his response is already clearly aware of his mom's tactics and isn't afraid to call her out on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2009, 06:15 AM

((( Kris ))), I think that some people are just clueless on how to treat others. Your MIL probably just doesn't think about how what she says might effect you. I would not worry about her at all

On the otherhand, your DH sounds like a "keeper" to me.

I can relate to the emotional roller coaster. I was on one before my hyst and I was not taking Lupron. Worry and stress and really take a toll on a person. Hang in there

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register