granulation and sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

granulation and sex granulation and sex

Unread 07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
granulation and sex

i guess i just need to let off some small frustration. my surgery was on 4/11 and have been doing well. my 6 week check showed I had some granulation (which I knew what Dr was talking about since read it on here first). she did the silver nitrate procedure. Was told okay to have sex and the more the better. well went back in 2 weeks, still had some granulation there, did another treatment. went in the following 2 weeks and still had a little there. did another treatment. I don't have to go back until 7/26. I am hoping now that it is all gone.

even though hubby and I are still sexually active, you just don't hop into bed "every" night and do it. plus I think he feels he might hurt me if he pushes in too far, so I guess he is not wearing away the granulation.

has anyone else had this problem? I know the Dr. said he(hubby) won't be able to hurt me and that my vagina probably only shrunk a little with doing the cuff. hubby said he can tell that i am not as big inside (I think he is afraid of hurting me).

The Dr said I am healed inside (vaginal cuff), but the granulation is like scar tissue coming off of the cuff.

any ideas, thoughts or other input would be appreciated and thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2005, 05:18 PM
granulation and sex

I had treatment for granulation too. Sex was rather painful before the treatment, and after the silver nitrate treatment my doctor said no sex for at least 5 days to allow for healing. Since then, sex has been great!

isewquilts
Unread 07-04-2005, 09:11 PM
granulation and sex

My doctor told me no sexual intercourse for a week after the silver nitrate treatment.

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2005, 12:36 AM
granulation and sex

I had quite a lot of granualation at six weeks, which was treated with silver nitrate. DR said no sex for six more weeks. Weird how the advice varies.
Unread 07-05-2005, 12:51 AM
granulation and sex

Yes the advice from each doctor does vary quite often. I was also treated for granulation at 8.5 weeks and at that stage I hadn't been released. After he'd done the treatment he said I was to wait 24 hours then I could resume intercourse when I was ready.

Hope when you go back everything is healed ............Karen
Unread 07-05-2005, 06:52 AM
granulation and sex

Hi,
I just read this thread and have no clue what granulation is? Can any explain? I haven't been given the ok for sex and I am quite nervous about it. But I am interested in knowing about what granulation is and why one needs it.

Thanks.

Amyr
Unread 07-05-2005, 07:51 AM
granulation

Me too. I have never heard of granulation. Is this something that occurs when you have your cervix removed? I thought I knew all info about hysterectomies.....never heard of this one. Curious......send info. Chickypoo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register