3 Weeks Post Op - Muscle Pains? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks Post Op - Muscle Pains? 3 Weeks Post Op - Muscle Pains?

Unread 02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
3 Weeks Post Op - Muscle Pains?

I am 3 weeks post op, had my surgery via the daVinci process. Overall, healing is good but I am still extremely tired. I have been experiencing a lot of soreness in my muscle to the side of my incision. It doesn't hurt all of the time, but if I twist or turn the wrong way, ouch! If I hadn't had the surgery, I would have thought that I pulled a muscle lifting or something. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this same sensation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Re: 3 Weeks Post Op - Muscle Pains?

I am 3 wks post op tomorrow, from da vinci. I notice when I drive & turn side ways alot to look to left or right i feel a strong pull. Sometimes it feels like i've done 100 situps or i have a hernia on the right side. My right side has always been real sore compared to the left. However, overall i am doing so much better. My biggest problem was eating & going to bathrm .& having lots of pain & digestive problems. This too has improved alot. Hang in there, walking helps, too.
Unread 02-14-2010, 02:25 PM

I had a TAH the end of December. Week 3 was the worst for me. My doctor said thats when the internal stitches start to dissolve and the healing muscles have to take over on their own. I have recover sooner than expected from other surgerys so I just expected to have the same experience with the hyster; not true at all. I found out the hard way I really did need the 6 to 8 weeks for recovery.
At 7 weeks I still get those pains if I try to do to much. I know it's hard but have patience. It's still hard for me not to be at 100% yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2010, 05:40 PM

I also had a Davinci and had pains in my side when I turned quickly for about the first two weeks or so. I think a lot of it was just the muscles adjusting and recovering from the surgery. It is very possible that the muscles did get pulled somewhat and are now sensitive. I would just move slowly. It takes a while to get to where you aren't so tired. i know I slept a lot the first few weeks. Sending hugs.
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:44 PM

Thank you for the encouraging words. I feel much better, just knowing that I am not going through this alone!
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:54 PM

I had a TAH and just hit week 3 on Friday. My muscles are killing me, and I am exhausted. I feel like week 1 today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register