anyone having fatigue with endo? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone having fatigue with endo? anyone having fatigue with endo?

Unread 07-27-2006, 08:04 AM
anyone having fatigue with endo?

I am scheduled for TAH on Monday...I was wondering if anyone else with endo is having such horrible fatigue? I am so tired of being tired.By lunch time I am ready for a nap and sometimes my legs feel so weak. I crash by 10:00 and have to drag myself out of bed in the morning. My dr. has put me on vit. with iron until surgery and said anyone with an illness will have stress on the body and can cause fatigue. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with endometriosis. Now my mind is going a bit crazy with thoughts like..."What if they find cancer or something?" I guess I am a basket case as the big day draws closer. HELP?!
Kimw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2006, 09:10 AM

I have also had fatigue with endo. I've been symptomatic with endo for 5 years now almost, and my fatigue goes in phases with the severity of the endo pain (which cycles around the 4 laps that I've had). There are definately days where I can barely manage to pull myself off of the couch. Sometimes I feel like the pain I feel is more detrimental to me than the damage the endo is doing because I can't see inside of my own body, but the pain makes it so I don't want to eat, I'm tired all the time, and I can't sleep well at all. At this point I'm so nervous about the surgery that despite being very tired all the time I am pushing myself to go out and see people and do things everyday because if I give in and stay on the couch I think I'd do nothing but cry all of the time.
Fatigue is certainly not abnormal for endo. My doc did tell me once though that part of the fatigue is psychological, and knowing how nuts I feel most of the time I can see how that plays a big factor.
Good luck and I hope you can feel rested soon.
Unread 07-27-2006, 02:24 PM

I feel extremely tired with endo too...I never associated it with the disease. I thought it was just being a mom. Somethimes I am so tired I can't think or see straight. It's nice to know that it's just not me. I have dealt with endo for 8 years now, I guess I just assume that it is me. Good Luck on your TAH hopefully you will feel rested soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Me, too!

Not sure how much endo I have (last Lap was in 1990). I can tell you that I'm very very tired most of the time and I about jump off the exam table every time my PCP Doc palpates my mid-to-lower abdomen.

I'm scheduled for an LSH/BSO(?) on Aug 23rd, so I'm prayerful that will help to ease some of my pain and fatigue. (Once I recover, of course!).

Best wishes, future Princess!
Unread 07-27-2006, 03:01 PM

I've had endo for 10 years, since I was 14. It was the fatigue that made my mother finally believe something was really wrong with me, that I wasn't just being wimpy about my period. My doctor wrote a blanket excuse my senior year, I couldn't even make it through the day. I only went to two classes and then went home, I don't know how I even made it to my graduation.

I'm scheduled for my TAH 8/17. So many women here say they are ready to get their life back after the surgery. To me, the endo is my life. It has been fatigue, pain and heavy bleeding for as long as I can remember. I'm looking forward to a new life rather than my old life back.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well, and I'm sure they won't find any cancer or other problems. Just think about how wonderful it will be to feel like a new person soon, thats what gets me over my nerves each day.
Unread 07-27-2006, 04:26 PM

I did not have endo. I had adenomyosis and an LSH on 7/17. I was totally wiped out!!! DH who is normally soo supportive was beginning to wonder if it was in my head. Doc told us that it is probably due to the adeno (used to be called endo interna).

It is wierd. I am 10 days post op and do not get me wrong. I am tired from surgery, but it is a different kind of fatigue. Maybe it is a placebo effect of the surgery, but I used to feel completely drained for no reason - no matter how much rest i got - I was useless. I would be so tired all the time. Now I feel weary from the surgery and sore and all that good stuff, but the fatigue is different. I do not feel like I am in a blackhole anymore. I just hope it continues and that I continue to feel better. That fatigue was awful. It was almost worse than the bleeding and pain.

Hang in there. We will all be healing soon.

Michelle 34 LSH adenomyosis 7/17
Unread 07-28-2006, 08:16 AM
adeno fatigue

i was beginning to wonder why i was so tired too. attributed it to the fact my 2 yr old son has barely slept through the night since birth. am lucky enough to run a home business, so i have been taking naps every afternoon just to get through the day!!

i've only been diagnosed with adenomyosis for a year, but since aug. 05, it has progressed very fast. i am sick to my stomach, having horrible ovulation and menstrual cyle pains that no pain killer is helping, i feel like i'm having "hot flashes"?, and i just can't wait for my surgery date so i can go back to being myself again.

am i excited about going through a major surgery? no, am i excited that i will finally be rid of this constant pain and fatigue that i can actually be a mom to my sons, instead of feeling like a zombie going through the motions? you bet...

there are many things caused by being in constant pain-depression is one of them-your serotonin levels are depleted by the constant "pain", my hormone levels must be affected somehow because some days i feel really "good" (used lightly as i never feel pain free) and other days i just want to stay in bed all day long!!

glad to know i'm not the only one feeling this way. also, glad to know that a hysterectomy cured adenomyosis pain. i know it's the only "cure" but am a little "nervous" about how many of my symptoms a hysterectomy is going to get rid of... all of them i hope!!

i'm keeping a positive attitude-i can beat this thing. i've beat many other things worse than this-such as a severe blood clot!!

good luck to everyone and i can't wait to post from the "other side" of this situation.

Heather
Unread 07-28-2006, 01:56 PM

Kim,
Fatigue? Let me put it this way. It's 3:45PM right now and I could very easily slide in behind my napping four year old and drift off with him. It seems like I am constantly exhausted and I, too, have endo. I crash by 10, up half the night, up for good at 5 and am exhausted by 2. Really hope my surgery on the 17th takes care of it as I hope yours does on Monday. I worry about the cancer thing too. How can we not? I am certainly no doctor, but I know I feel the exhaustion and I have endo too. I would love to tell you not to worry, but here I am doing the same thing. I will be thinking of you and praying for a good diagnosis for you. Treat yourself kindly this weekend. Get treats, get rest and do something for YOU. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I send HUGS your way. May you get the royal treatment during your stay at the castle!!!!! Let us know how you're doing.
God's blessings,
Kim D
Unread 07-28-2006, 05:30 PM

KimW,
I have had endo since I was 13, so that's 21 years now, and I have been tired my WHOLE LIFE! I finally figured it out after one of my more successful laps, when I started feeling really great. Now that the pain is back, I'm exhausted, nauseas... I feel like I'm coming down with something but experience tells me it's the endo/fibroids rearing their ugly little heads again. It took me MANY years to finally figure this out, and with this current flare, the fatigue was the first sign. One day I was going gangbusters and the next day I felt like someone had erased every ounce of energy I had.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! I am waiting to get in to see my gyn so I can schedule my hyst and end this rollercoaster once and for all!

Hugs!
Candy
Unread 07-29-2006, 06:54 AM

I'm in the same boat! My endo was suspected in 1993, but never diagnosed until this year. Given my horrible periods (that got worse after each pregnancy and MUCH worse after my tubal) I suspect I have always had it. I am tired all the time, my belly swells like mad, and I have more days with periods than without. I cannot wait to get my date set and start "living" without constant pain or fear of planning anything.

I am hoping for surgery late August, so it looks like many of us will be going about the same time. I can't wait to compare notes on the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register