Calm Before the Storm?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calm Before the Storm?? Calm Before the Storm??

Unread 09-28-2002, 04:12 AM
Calm Before the Storm??

HI everyone!

I think I'm loosing the tiny bit of mind I have left. For one, I have found that there are some amazingly stupid people around that just have that 'way' about them that can tick me off in a heartbeat. Why do they tend to show up more when I need them less???

My castle date is for Tuesday. I have everything ready to go, things cleaned, food frozen. I had trouble sleeping. Up until last night. Now I"m as calm as can be. No big deal. Piece of cake. Why? It seems the closer I get, the more calm I am. Am I kidding myself and I'm going to fall to pieces when its time to leave? The DH is going to have to drag me out of the house kicking and screaming?

And has anyone had 'butterfly flutters" in their tummies? I have had them since yesterday. The only way I can describe how they feel to me is like when you are pregnant and there is movement. I can actually see my tummy moving with this. Nerves?

Thanks for letting me ramble. Not too sure if I made much sense since I seem to be in a slight fog lately....seems to be getting thicker every day too...

Hugs to all and best of luck to the LIW who are before me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2002, 04:33 AM
Calm Before the Storm??

(((((Denise))))))

I am glad to hear that you are now calm. I am sure that you will remain that way and your DH will not have to drag you out of the house kicking and screaming. The waiting is the hardest part for you . I had my nervous period before my surgery and did some really stupid things, like lock my keys in the car, before the surgery. A few days before, I also settled down. I was at peace with my decision and know that I was making the right one.

I am seven months today and I can tell you I feel wonderful. I had a great summer, the best I have had in years. I do not regreat my decision one bit.

Good luck on Tuesday and you will be just fine.

PS. I used to live in NJ (Marlton). Where are you from?

Unread 09-28-2002, 04:41 AM
Calm Before the Storm??

LOL I used to live in Marlton too!! Talk about a small world!
I'm still in New Jersey, in Audubon. Ever heard of it? Small town with tons of friendly people. Great family town.

Yeah, I have been doing some pretty goofy things too. I forget my head half the time and its a good thing that it is attached! LOL I am hoping that things will get a little better once this is all over. I'm looking forward to it, but dreading it at the same time. Oddly enough, I fear the hospital stay the most. I've spent a good portion of my life in them and I always have this fear that once they get me in there, they aren't going to let me back out. I had pretty bad kidney problems as a child and would spend at least a month to a month and a half in the hospital at a time. I did that for almost 5 years. It takes a toll on a person!

Thanks for responding to my post and letting me know I'm not alone! I really appreciate it!!

Hope to hear from you again soon and Congratulations on doing so well with your recovery. I'm looking forward to the holidays coming up when I can be 'normal' (or at least something close to it since I'm not really normal to begin with!! LOL) and not have to worry or miss out on any fun because of my 'friend'.

Hugs to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Calm Before the Storm??

Being crazy nervous beforehand is so normal - We're so sure that we're forgetting something that might mean the difference between life and death - lol - I kept going back to the store for more "easy to fix - easy to eat" food. I was so afraid that I would be too sick to decide what I wanted to eat and just lie there and die of starvation.

I got pretty calm a couple of days before - I described it as sort of a "deer in the headlights" paralysis. So then I was afraid that I would freak out when it was time to enter the hospital. DH promised to go in ahead of me, find a valium and lure me out of the car by pulling the valium on a string across the parking lot. The thought of him telling the receptionist that he needed a valium on a long string was enough to keep me laughing until I was clear inside the surgery center and dressed up for the event.

I'm trying to say that it all works out. It's too bad that we have so much time to worry before our surguries. I'm almost 5 weeks PostOp and every minute of the process has been easier than I thought it was going to be. Not a piece of cake, but so much better than what we've lived through already. Take care.
Unread 09-28-2002, 09:43 AM
right there with you

We have the same date, and i have just entered the zone after several days of considering cancelling because it's not that bad, other people had it worse, I'm only 42, blah blah, ignoring little things like pain and a family history of reproductive cancers...massive DUH. Now I am just ready to go. I know I'll be nervous, I'm just plain high-strung, but once it's actually started I'll be ok, and SO glad when it is over.

I have told DH not to take me to any more stores. First, I have a sinus infection and have to rest so it doesn't get bronchial. Second, I keep buying nightclothes and oversize underwear, and I have ENOUGH. But my anxiety hits worst in the wallet...

I love the valium-on-a-string image, too . And the PCA pump sounds like a very good idea indeed.
Unread 09-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Calm Before the Storm??

i remember i was so excited when i got my surgery date...i was thrilled that my problems would soon be over but i too had about 3 weeks to wait. That wasnt really the tough part for me. I kept myself busy with other things. My dh and I had a home business back then and I had plenty to do. My sister helped me that last week, getting all the pertinant customers notified that certain things were not going to happen because of my surgery.
I was fine i think till i got to the prep room. Then I got so nervous i was shaking. That didnt last long tho. Soon they brought in the happy and my dh and sister. The rest is history!
Yes, the PCA pump after was the best!
s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register