Over and done with!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Over and done with!!!!! Over and done with!!!!!

Unread 04-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Over and done with!!!!!

I had my TVH yesterday at 7:30 A.M. and am home and doing great! Pain isn't any worse than cramps I would get anyway. Kept ovaries, checked one that had a cyst but it was ok. I had wonderful nurses and the first one came in to ask if I was sure I was ok, as I hadn't called for any assistance. I had a private room on the maternity ward where one of they young ladies from our Church is a nurse and she made sure I had the best room, away from all the hustle and bustle. I had the lovely cath, IV, and boots (I hated them!). I am so glad to be home. Walked across the street to my moms and she was shocked! Good luck to everyone who is a LIW. The waiting is the worst!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Over and done with!!!!!

Welcome!! I'm glad you're doing so well.Remember to take it easy, rest when you need to and drink LOTS of water.
Unread 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Over and done with!!!!!

Congratulations on your post op state.
Sounds like you are going to do great!!!
Try to take it easy and enjoy your time off!
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Over and done with!!!!!

I think I over did it yesterday :cry:
My Vicodin ES didn't even help. I was up most of the night and couldn't get comfortable DUH dummy you just had major surgery. I think i moved around way to much.

Today I WILL listen to my body better.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Unread 04-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Over and done with!!!!!

SIT... STAY... LIE DOWN.... Good girl....

Remember this the next time you feel zippy.... Take care
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Over and done with!!!!!

Aww dustbunny, i can sooo relate, they send you home, usually HEAVILY medicated, still got the anest. in body and wow, feel wonderful.......so good in fact can just do it all....next thing we know we overdo and opppps omg here comes da pain.

REST REST REST, even tho you feel good...If you wanna do something, do it on the couch/bed, books, interenet and so forth.

This is the only part I neglected, the med's made me feel so good i didnt realize i needed rest at first, and i am now 3 weeks post op. Today i have been up since 8 a.m. and had to drive 50 miles one way to doc's and sit on chair for another 50 minutes, and ride back home. I AM EXHAUSTED and the pain when i got home was awful.

What i will say is......echo other ladies take it easy!!!! I am now able to sleep on my sides, but in a.m. and evening the pain is a bit rough. So while i am progressing, slowly than some, I started off thinking cool what a breeze.

Please take time to read the checkpoints section here, it is good tips for all of us, bearing in mind we are not all the same.

Hugs and love to you

carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register