It all makes sense now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It all makes sense now It all makes sense now

Unread 02-22-2007, 03:58 PM
It all makes sense now

I went to the DR today for my four week c/u. This was the first time I have seen my DR since leaving the castle. He told me my pathology report showed I had severe adenomyosis and it had even caused me to have chronic cervicitis. He said he was surprised by this since my uterus wasn't enlarged. Even though I was okay with being labeled as having irregular bleeding, now I know there was more to it and the herendous backaches I had. I am also happy with my decision to move ahead to a hysterectomy instead of having albation done since it wouldn't of worked due to the severity of my adenomyosis, and my DR said it would of probably made it worse. I asked about some burning sensations I have been having in the ovary area and he said this is caused by ligaments getting situated since he sews them into the vaginal cuff to add support. And that makes sense too!

After that sunk in, he gave me a great report! He released me to return to work on Monday part-time but wants me to limit my lifting to no more than 20 lbs and still no squatting for the next 3-4 weeks. I can also start working out again! More importantly, he said dh and I can have intercourse as long as we don't get to wild and swing from the chandeliers. YIPPEE! I do have some apprehensions since I am only four weeks and still have my stiches. We will just take it slow and easy.... Heck, that's the way I like it anyways.
Hope your day has been as great as mine!

Happy day and happy healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
It all makes sense now

Congratulations on your Good Report from the dr. Have fun testing your new ride. But, please do continue to kind of take it easy. You're still healing.

Hugs, Prayers, and Luck,
Char
Unread 02-22-2007, 05:26 PM
It all makes sense now

Congrats - that is a great report for 4 weeks. I can't wait to get my pathology results. I asked for them and the nurse called me and said "there is no cancer" I just waited for her to say more but she didn't quite understand what I wanted to know. When I go in next week for 2 wk post-op I'm going to read every word. I like to know everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 06:00 PM
It all makes sense now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mml1961
Congrats - that is a great report for 4 weeks. I can't wait to get my pathology results. I asked for them and the nurse called me and said "there is no cancer" I just waited for her to say more but she didn't quite understand what I wanted to know. When I go in next week for 2 wk post-op I'm going to read every word. I like to know everything.
I know what you mean. In my two week check up my doc said "no cancer" and went on with the exam. I wanted to know exactly what they found when dissecting my parts. I got them and read it but of course it was greek (no offense)as I'm not a medical professional. When I read my fibroids contained "cavities filled with clear and gelatinous-like balls" I just went EWWWW. I'm glad they are gone cause this just sounds like a horrible science experiment.
Unread 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM
It all makes sense now

There was a post here with links to fibroid photos. I am very glad I saw them after my surgery. ewww

I new I had a few smallish fibroids and the surgeon mentioned to my husband that they were actually smaller fibroids than he was expecting. Well when I saw the resident doc at 1 wk check he told me he assisted at my surgery and commented on how much longer and complicated it was. The one before me (having same surgeries) they had the uterus out in 15 minutes - he said mine was very large and just that part took over an hour. I really want to know how large it was and what was in it when I get the report. I suspect if he knew it was that large they may have gone in abdominally.
Unread 02-22-2007, 06:49 PM
It all makes sense now

My DR was prepared for my questions. He had a copy of the path report for me and then went through and discussed each area with me. I may not have wanted all the details if it mentioned "cavities filled with clear and gelatinous-like balls"! A week after my surgery I watched a DR perform a VH on YouTube and I was like YIKE! thats why I hurt like I do. I was very thankful my VH didn't have to be converted into a AH, and I know if it would of happened I wouldn't of had the report like I did today!
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:05 PM
It all makes sense now

While i was in the castle, a wonderful nurse was trying to explain to me why my back was hurting so badly. He seemed really interested in this new procedure, but I was so out of it from the morophine and pain, I jsut couldn't talk and told him so. I'm curious to know how they perform a TVH. How in the world did you get to see one? How do you find youtube? I know- I'm sooooooo out of touch with the times!! ;o)
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:18 PM
It all makes sense now

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH my goodness. Oh yuck. I went to youtube and looked for a vaginal hsyterectomy and barely got 1 minute in- most of that time was spent gagging and looking away, then looking back, thten away again. How on earth did you watch that? NO WONDER IT HURTS SO BADLY!!
Ouch.
did they have to add Enya as the soundtrack and still add the cutting sounds??? Oh my- apparently I was making such noises of horrow, my DH came in wondering what the heck was going on in here. He wanted to know why on I was watching it- which of course I answered with a humph- uh BECAUSE I want to know what happened to MY BODY.
the mood swings are killing me!! haha
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:20 PM
It all makes sense now

If you do a google for vaginal hysterectomy and click the video tab, it will bring up several videos. Or you can go to youtube site and do a search. You do have to register with the web site to watch the videos due to their graphic nature. If you are squemish you may not want to watch.

Hope that helps!
Unread 02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
It all makes sense now

I saw the pictures of the fibroids and could not believe it, my dr told me going in that I had at least 6 fibroids one the size of a grapefruit, 2 the size of oranges and the rest were smaller, the fruit ones are considered medium fibroids but my uterus was enlarged and because of these fibroids my uterus was attached to my bladder and another one was attached to something else and one was considered parisidic and was attached outside of the uterus for a second source of blood supply so I too was longer in surgery than expected. My drs also said the ablation would not have worked in my case. Best wishes to everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register