even more nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

even more nervous even more nervous

Unread 07-10-2002, 01:58 PM
even more nervous

well, yesterday I was a little nervous about my upcoming surgery ( you guys helped on that - thanks). Then today I hear from my dr. & I'm told I'm having an abdominal and my hospital stay and recovery will be longer than I had hoped for . Now I'm nervousenouht that my stomach hurts (so , ok I'm scared). Iget to watch a video on the procedure but not until the day befor the surgery . can anybody tell me anything now? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2002, 03:09 PM
even more nervous

I had an LAVH so my hyst wasn't abdominal - BUT I did have a HUGE abdominal surgery 6 years ago so I feel as though I can help you with this question. The worst part I experienced with my ab surgery was the tenderness in my incision. Your tummy feels very tender and you need to make sure to wear roomy clothes for about a week or two. Just keep a close eye on your incision and look for any signs of infection. It's going to be a harder recovery than a vaginal hyst but it's not so bad. Don't try to do too much and do take your pain meds for a little bit. That's what they're there for!
Good luck!
Debbie
Unread 07-10-2002, 03:14 PM
even more nervous

Jeanus, i know you're scared.....i remember well how scared i was. I had a TAH/BSO 3 weeks ago. My hospital stay was 2 days, and i was up and around the night of surgery. The incision area is a bit tender......but i can honestly say that the discomfort i had before surgery was worse than anything i've gone through since! Your doctors will make sure you're comfortable, and you'll be amazed how fast you breeze through this!
Hang in there.....we're with you!
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2002, 06:59 PM
even more nervous

First of all....BREATHE!!

OK...now, here's a ....

Next...I had my TAH/BSO last year...horizontal incision. I was in the hospital for four days, and stayed home from work for eight weeks. I was very lucky...had an uneventful surgery and recovery, and I feel WONDERFUL now.

It's perfectly normal to be scared, terrified, nervous...it's a huge decision and a huge surgery! Don't think you are the only one to feel this way...it's the norm. Just keep reading here....if you haven't read the Pull Down menus yet, get over to the home page and scroll down to the bottom! Full of wonderful information, lists, and ideas on getting yourself, your family and your home ready for surgery & recovery. And all kinds of coping ideas, too.

Keep reading, keep posting, and stop by Chat for some realtime hugs. I would have gone MAD without this place....we'll be here for you 24/7!!!

Karen
Unread 07-10-2002, 08:30 PM
caution on video

Hello there, you're getting there. Only thing I thought I should add is do you know yourself really well when it comes to watching real "videos"? If you still feel nervous ask if you can have drawings, diagrams and text rather than watch someone else's operation. you can understand exactly what is going to be done without so much colour detail! Everyone is different and for you it may be really helpful, but just thought Iwould mention it cos you can't unsee it once you view it!

I'm sure you will be fine which ever way you gather your information, this site has been so great for me. Before my surgery I had never had a drain or catheter and for me, the thought was the worst. They just were not a problem, even ivs drips which i knew about, were kept running smoothly and strapped neatly so I didn't hurt them, and they were in my left hand, my working side. I'm sure you will be fine, best wishes, Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register