Novasure help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Novasure help Novasure help

Unread 10-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Novasure help

I am 42. I have had fibroids removed 10/26/04. Monthly bleeding still heavy. I had a D&C, Thermal Ablation & Operative Hysteroscopy. 10/26/04. Didn't work as expected. 10/19/05 I will be having the Novasure procedure. Next stop Hysterectomy. Any advise?
I am hesitant about a Hysterectomy because I have heard that it is a hard and long recovery. I have had such a tough time of it, that I am tempted to say go in and get it all out now. Help please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Novasure help

I had one in Jan.It work great.i love it also had a bladder sling at same time. It was the best thing I did before my hysterectomy. I am the 1% who went on for the big castle trip. I didn't have another monthly again. I tell everyone to try this before the big one. good luck it will be fine. I was only in for a few hours to hve it done. Very little pain it was from the bladder anyway.I don't think it came fom the novasure.
aunt booboo
Unread 10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
thank you Aunt BooBoo

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It has been a tough thing to deal with. This procedure that procedure. When the first one doesn't work, it is hard to trust the next one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Novasure help

this will work. you will feel so much better and had energy too. at least I did.good luck again
aunt booboo
Unread 10-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Novasure help

I hope so. I have been feeling like a crazed zombie. I have been anemic the last 3 years even when I take iron suppl. Well its worth a try. Now if oct. 19 would just get here.
Unread 10-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Novasure help

You may be a suitable candidate for the Mirena Coil. It releases a small amount of progesterone constantly. Peroids can cease altogether.
I tried the Mirena twice before my hyst, unfortunately my uterus was the wrong shape. Most women have great success with it.
Good luck.
Unread 10-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Novasure help

I went in the hospital for a Novasure ablation IF my uterus was the right size and shape for the procedure, with the understanding that I'd be coming out with a hysterectomy if it wasn't. I was in your situation with the bleeding and anemia, and both I and my doctor were ready to get the bleeding stopped, whatever it took.

I completely trusted her judgement as to whether the wire mesh of the Novasure device would adequately reach enough of the lining of the uterus to be effective. Once I was under and prepped and scoped, her judgement was that Novasure would not provide adequate ablation due the the fibroid-distorted size and shape of my uterus. So, I woke up with a hysterectomy and, as much as I did not want to have one in spite of all the uncontrollable bleeding, I remain glad that my uterus is gone and it's all over and done with.

Whatever happens for you, and I hope it's a successful ablation, I wish you the best.
Unread 10-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Novasure help

I had an attempted Novasure and D & C in 2002. It didn't work and it was another two years, during which I had also tried BC pills, before I had "the big one". By trying this first, you can rest assured that you exhausted all other alternatives, should you later decide to go for a hysterectomy.

Now the part about a long recovery; this can depend on alot of things. Some women such as myself had such long, clotty, and iron depleting periods that the hysterectomy was the best thing we ever could have done. So, I think the recovery depends in part on how bad you had things before the surgery, barring any complications. Good luck and I hope this works out for you. Let us hear from you after the Novasure.
Unread 10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Novasure help

Hi Butterfly63,

Best wishes with your Novasure procedure.

I too had fibroids in pre-op. I was not a good candidate for alternative procedures since my Drs felt my fast growing fibroids would grow back. At the time, it was a big set back for me.

In your research, have you possibly looked into less invasive hysts, such as the LAVH (Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy) or the the LSH, (Laparoscopic SupraCervical Hysterectomy)?? Generally, both surgeries have less recovery time than an abdominal hyst since the surgeries are done laparoscopically.

Here is a Hyster Sisters link that goes over the two surgeries, along with the other types of hysts . Just click and scroll down:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...p?s=&id=152317

With my LSH, I had my uterus and fibroids removed ~only~ and I kept my cervix and ovaries. My Dr. told me he felt the uterus was good for two things: making a baby and a period. I had finished having children and my periods were getting very heavy with fibroids. That is why I am glad I was a candidate for a LSH, since like you, I considered what recovery would be like from an abdominal surgery.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 10-13-2005, 12:50 PM
thank you

All of your words of encouragement mean alot. It is good to talk to women who understand the fears I have. when I told my husband I was going in for another procedure he said, "Can't you just tough it out?". I said, "Are you insane?" Just wondering...could this be grounds for divorce? ha I will let you all know things go for me. I just wish 10/19/05 would get here quickly!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register