Two weeks post fibroid removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post fibroid removal Two weeks post fibroid removal

Unread 03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Two weeks post fibroid removal

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago......I am still having some pain and discomfort......my belly is still swollen and i get tired fast.....I am trying to do normal activities such as dishes and light laundry since not suppose to lift ...and my butterfly stiches have not even attempted to fall off? how long will this take?I know they say 2 to 4 weeks but I can only put sweatpants on and my belly is still bulging out...not happy since my stomach was pretty flat before it.... i had a fibroid the size of a softball removed......Feeling still very tired and try to do normal activities to my limit but still have a swollen belly and exhausted, still have some pain and cannot sit or lay comfortable yet either..I am thinking it really is 4 weeks for recovery..... at least for me...how long will it take for all swelling to be gone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Re: Two weeks post fibroid removal

Your recovery sounds pretty typical. What kind of fibroid removal did you have? It sounds like a myomectomy, but was it abdominal or laparoscopic or da Vinci?

I had da Vinci myomectomy on January 2. Your recovery sounds perfectly normal. My doctor removed my stitches at my 2 week checkup. I felt pretty good a couple of weeks after, but it takes a while to feel 100% and not be wiped out at the end of the day. I started back at work (at home) a week after surgery, but didn't go back to the office for 4 weeks and that seemed too early - I was pretty much useless after about 5 hours.

I still can't wear pants or anything with a waist band - the "swelly belly" thing stinks, but it's really normal for several months (so they say!). Someone on this site recommended Jag Jeans (you can buy them on Zappos.com). Jag makes awesome jeans and dress pants that look normal and stylish, but pull on instead of zip and the waistband is wide. Not elastic, but there is stretch so you can pull them on over your butt. So due to the swelly belly I mostly wear Jag jeans and pants, and dresses of course. There are a lot of cute stretchy cotton dresses at Target right now.

Good luck with your recovery. And remember, everyone is unique and heals at their own pace! It is said a lot here and it is true ... You only get one chance to heal properly. Don't push yourself and never forget there is a lot more healing going on inside than what appears on the surface. Hang in there!
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM

yes...it was laproscopic like yours with the divinci..... and you are so very very correct.... i am so exhausted after 5 hours! I am walking ok but still cannot sit or lay all the way comfortable and i feel so not myself...sad... It doesnt help when i see others saying they feel so great after 2 weeks and i am on 2 weeks and still fell blahhh......i am a slow healer....thank you for your advise and reading that makes me feel better..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2013, 11:27 PM

Hang in there! It took me a couple of weeks to be able to sleep "normal" - initially I got good sleep by making a pillow incline. It seemed more comfortable that way until I could sleep laying flat.

Just focus on the good aspects of having the fibroids gone. :-)
Unread 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM

I am trying to stay positive... one day I am good the next I am back to square one.....so frustrating.... also have pain in left leg...been walking but it has been pretty messed up since right after the surgery... i told the nurse and she really did not have any response about it....my fibroid was on the left side...they also did a tubal litigation ..... I thought my leg would be ok but seems to be getting worse>>>>>
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:12 AM

Can you talk with your doctor about it? Increased pain is not normal :-(
Unread 03-21-2013, 02:36 PM

I actually went in..he added me on his schedule and checked my surgery sites and did a few lab test....now my cycle is here to add to the issues......I have another appointment at the end of next week...just want to be back to normal.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register