Surgery is Friday and wouldn't you know it? I caught a cold and my period is early. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is Friday and wouldn't you know it? I caught a cold and my period is early. Surgery is Friday and wouldn't you know it? I caught a cold and my period is early.

Unread 10-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Surgery is Friday and wouldn't you know it? I caught a cold and my period is early.

Stupid sinuses, stupid uterus.

Oh well, maybe having a head cold under morphine and darvocet will allow me to sleep. Normally I can't sleep when I'm sick. I just hope they don't cancel me. I'm glad pseudofed isn't on my banned list of medications.

Has anybody else done this with a cold? Is it miserable? Does it not really matter because you're already miserable?

I really don't want to get cancelled. I can barely stand the stress of waiting and also the stress at work. I didn't even get a chance to call the doctor today and tell him I caught a cold.

I just want to get away and take care of myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Surgery is Friday and wouldn't you know it? I caught a cold and my period is early.

I have no answers for you, just a big

I am praying for you,

Nancy
Unread 10-18-2004, 09:09 PM

Hi Soini,

I had my hyster with a cold ... caught it 6 days before my surgery. I wasn't sure whether or not they would go ahead, but they did. I think as long as you don't have a fever, and your lungs are clear, they'll proceed. By the morning of my surgery, most of the cold was in my sinuses. I also still had a cough.

I actually found that when I came out of recovery, my cold symptoms had almost disappeared. That didn't last though, and the next day at the castle I was all stuffed up again. The only thing I can say that really sucked was coughing post-op ... that was kind of scary.

Good luck. I hope your surgery goes ahead. Just make sure you take these few days before to really rest and drink lots. That way, hopefully you'll be ok for your surgery.

Good luck to you!

... Tracey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2004, 08:39 AM

Hi, I had a bit of the sniffles the week before my surgery too. I was given meds and told that surgery would proceed unless I was running a fever.

Please call your dr and let him/her know what is going on with you. Each dr has his/her own rules. It is very important that you are as healthy as possible for this major surgery.

Best wishes, please keep us updated on how you're doing.

s
Unread 10-19-2004, 08:54 AM
SURGERY IS FRIDAY AND WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT? I CAUGHT A COLD AND MY PERIOD IS EARLY

WELL IT MUST BE THAT TIME OF THE YEAR I TOO HAVE THE SNIFFES AND A LITTLE COUGH. I TOOK AN ALEVE COLD/SINUS PILL THIS MORNING AND WILL TAKE ONE TOMORROW MORNING. SURGERY IS THURSDAY SO I AN TRYING TO CONFINE THE COLD. I AM ABOUT TO START ALSO BUT JUST THINK OF IT THIS WAY IT WILL BE YOUR LAST ONE FOREVER. HOORAY.
Unread 10-19-2004, 09:14 AM

they still do the surgery even if you have your period, doesn't matter to them.
They will cancel if your running a fever, but Id take some neo citren and cough med's daily till you go in ,
Unread 10-19-2004, 10:22 AM

Call your doc so he can be prepared. They put it in my chart, and added antibiotics to my iv..no problem. However, they have to be prepared ahead of time..I can't stress that enough.
Unread 10-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Re: SURGERY IS FRIDAY AND WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT? I CAUGHT A COLD AND MY PERIOD IS EARLY

Quote:
Originally posted by MMOUSE
I TOOK AN ALEVE COLD/SINUS PILL THIS MORNING AND WILL TAKE ONE TOMORROW MORNING.
Hmmm. Aleve isn't on my list of not-to-take meds, but Naprosyn is, and I believe both have naproxen sodium as the main ingredient.

I've been taking cold pills that aren't on my list, but I do tend to have head colds drop into my chest. I'm trying real hard not to let that happen.

(p.s. can you take the caps lock off? It's really hard to read all caps.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register