possible hyst in Aug 05 - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

possible hyst in Aug 05 possible hyst in Aug 05

Unread 06-22-2005, 09:56 AM
possible hyst in Aug 05

Hi carolnco,

Your situation sounds alot like mine with respects to not wanting to have to go back and forth. Let's try this. Now let's try this. Maybe this and this. I was in a situation like that before it was just grrrrrr. And it sounds like we're in a similar situation in which we're worrying about the future and what it holds if we don't do anything.

I'm glad I was able to help you with your questions.

And troubled tabby, I will make my doctor sit down and answer all my questions for me. Even if he's not 100% sure how the outcome would be I will have some sort of answer. I am not taking this decision lightly that 's for sure. I will most definately check out those other resources. Thanks!

I had my dr.'s appointment on Monday. I thought I would get a date for my surgery as well as be able to go through some questions with him. But he received the wrong information from my hometown dr. So, I suggested he get the information directly from the hospital there. So, I wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
possible hyst in Aug 05

rsford
wait and wait and wait some more. Wait to see the primary doc- wait for the ultrasound and tests wait to get into the obgyn wait for him to figure out what to do. I think I am getting impatient.
Is that a possible symptom? Like pain and bleeding.

I do hope they figure it out for you and schedule with a date and an end. What information did the obgyn need when you went in? Maybe I can have that with me when I go in to my appt.

Once we have a date then we can be ladies in waiting.
Now we are just patiently waiting. ( NOT)

Let me know how it goes!!
Unread 06-24-2005, 07:41 PM
possible hyst in Aug 05

Hi carolnco,

When I was 20 I had surgery to remove a cyst from my right ovary. The following year, I went to another doctor who performed a laroscotomy (spelling?) to see to what extent the endo was.

Three years ago I moved out of my hometown to the city. So, my new doc wants to review these records before he sets a date.

carolnco, to tell you the truth I'm wondering if I could put up with this a little while longer. I've been reading alot on this site about women who have had their bladders cut by accident, who have to come home and give themselves a cathetor because they can't go to the bathroom on their own, women whose bladders have prolapsed and/or whatever they've gotten done hasn't worked...it's just unreal. That is one of my biggest fears: fixing one problem but creating others. I still don't want to take drugs though. No thank-you.
Unread 06-26-2005, 06:12 AM
hyst in nov 05

hi i am saph and i am having a hysterectomy because of endo and erratic bleeds and severe pain and sickness. i have 3 children and had an emergency c section in 2003 which was horrendous i was on the table 2and a half hours. i had a complete rupture of uterus then i heamorraged 4 pints of blood/after which i had a paralysed bowel for 24hrs. when i was 15 they thought i had appendix problems but when they operated they found it was my tubes they were full of posenous fluid which they drained out.
they say it came from the cysts in my ovaries. my periods have always been difficult i have flooded or had clots 80%of the time
nothing for me to come on for 2weeksat a time. i have had several treatments none have been successful for long so this is it. i spoke to my consultant and he said in light of my problems he would do it bear in mind i am 31 saph
Unread 06-27-2005, 09:28 AM
possible hyst in Aug 05

rsford31,

Insurance coverage may also play a role in your decision making.

You said you are in Canada, so I'm not entirely sure how the Canadian Health Care system works in regards to matters like this, but my health insurance in the US made a big difference in my decision making.

I have very good coverage now, but there is a trend in the US towards cutting back coverage, so my trying solutions that might not work might have wound up with a situation where I would have to have more treatment later on without having as good an insurance coverage as I have now.

So I decided that the approach of having a hysterectomy now was more cost-effective in the long run than trying other methods first. The total charges for me for a LSH were $16,000, (opps, no insurance company names please) approved $10,000, and I paid 10% of the allowed charge, about $1100.

There's a situation in the US of denial of benefits for "pre-existing conditions" in individual policies only, but not group policies, so if I ever changed jobs I'd be unlikely to get coverage for anything related to any condition I'd already had!!

Thus, in the U.S., having NO coverage for hysterectomy if you have taken intermediate steps first is a real possibility!!

Hopefully, the Canadian rules on preexisting conditions are better so that you can try temporary measures first if you want to, but you might want to make sure that they are.

Economics in a perfect world should not play a role in decision making for a hysterectomy, but it isn't a perfect world, particularly in the current U.S insurance system.

-Torrie
Unread 06-28-2005, 08:31 PM
possible hyst in Aug 05

Okay, this is back to the painful bowel movements. I am really struggling with those. I have 7 large fibroids, ademomyasis. endometriosis, and ovarian cysts. What causes the painful bowel movements? I hurt if I am constipated or if I have diarhea. I feel as though there is a spot in my intestines that things don't want to fit through....so, I have thought that endo has wrapped around the intestines. Or could it be that the large uterus (over 20 cm) and fibroids are sitting on the intestines?
I have days when I don't hurt at all and other days when I am in terrible pain. Drinking soft drinks, milk, and eating gassy foods seem to aggrivate the situation. Chickypoo
Unread 06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
possible hyst in Aug 05

Hi, I am stepping in to give you my story, which is similar to all of yours. I had severe cramps since 8th grade. I was diagnost w/ endo in 1994, had a lap to get pregnant w/ 1st child, I have 2 kids and all was well during the child bearing years, then as time went on it got worse and worse. Not every month though, just alot. I also have pain with bowel movements and constapation. I had a hyst. 3 mos. ago, my Dr. had no problems he actually was the one pushing it. I was all for it (no more pain right? and done having kids) didnt think it got any better. I have had two episodes since my hyst. just like before, pain, cramps doubled over the whole nine yards?!?! Go figure?!?! I left my ovaries, so maybe that is it. I am going to see if as time goes by (a couple mos.) if it gets better, if not back to square 1 and all this for nothing. Wait.... it was a little better, no heavy pelvic pain and no bleeding, just the cramps this time.
It is a very hard choice what to do, I did not know about this sight and hadnt read all the horrible things that could happen. I may have choose to live w/ my condition had I known. Not that I have had any problems I am just a big chicken!!! Thanks for reading.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register