Another endo question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another endo question Another endo question

Unread 06-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Another endo question

Morning ladies,

I am two days out from another doctors appt. I will have another US to check out a couple of cysts.

Questions for those of you with confirmed endo...

Most of what I have read said symptoms start a few days before your period and last a few days into your cycle. I feel crappy and crampy before my period but it is the week after my period that symptoms really hit me.

This last period was a doozy pain wise. Usually it is very manageable with lots of ibuprofen, but yesterday was a tearful day for me. It hurt so bad, the worst of it being those awful spasms in the... let's just say it was a pain in the butt. Literally.

Is it unusual or even unlikely that endo would cause pain closer to ovulation than menstruation? Or is it just ovulation pain, worse than most people get.

One other question. I am taking 200mg progesterone at bedtime. These last two months I been experiencing bad headaches and extreme, extreme moodiness and temper (premenstrual.) Has anyone taking this med experienced this? I realize that it may be stress related but since the headaches have started my periods have lightened. So the prometrium is working. Just don't know if it can cause the symptoms mentioned.

Happy day to you all!

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 04:40 AM
Another endo question

Hi Dee,

I had endometriosis and I can share that my pain started a few days before my period, lasted through my period and also continued a few days after my period which left me in pain 2 weeks out of the month.

The pain was in the abdomin area, lower back and traveled down my legs. The last few months before my hysterectomy the Iburofen also stopped working and I was using 800 mg prescribed by my doctor.

As far as the progesterone causing headaches, for the most part it is suppose to help with headaches but I have read on the message boards that some women do get headaches after starting it. Hormonal headaches are usually caused from low estrogen and/or low progesterone. Here is a link that is helpful to women in the and may shed some light for things with your situation.
Too Much/Too Little

I also wanted to share a link to the resource section on endometriosis. Click here.....

Many best wishes and I hope your doctor can help you find a way for some much needed pain relief.

Unread 06-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Another endo question

Dee,

I had TAH/BSO for endo. The pain I had prior to surgery, was at the beginning of my period and then it would go on for about two weeks after my period. Sometimes it was there most of the time but only worse during my period. I took Aleve and it really helped alot, but it messed my stomach up and so I was on Rx for that!! Now I am on no pain meds and no dyspepsia meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Another endo question

Thanks to you both.

I really like the doctor I am now seeing but have been burned in the past. I was debating myself over whether I should even mention worsening symptoms after my period stops. Silly me, this doctor really does listen and investigate.

NSAIDS are a life saver to me. I hope last cycle was just a fluke. I started taking ibuprofen on my own after researching DUB. The article I read on Micromedex did say that it could lose it's effect after a years use, but that was in regards to flow not pain.

I would hate to think that I have the bleeding under control only to face increasing pain.

Silly thoughts here. I am chiding myself about my nervousness with tomorrow's vag US. This one is to be in the office with the doctor in the room to see for himself and explain to me what we are seeing. Have no problems scootching for him but that US...UGH!

Dee

P.S. Wish me luck on the repeat PAP. ASCUS no longer scares me but I am beginning to loathe those stirrups.
Unread 06-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Another endo question

HI Dee

I am happy your doctcor is trying to get to the bottom of your pain and I wish you the best of luck at your doctors appointment.

I did want to mention that an ultra sound more than likely will not be able to let the doctor know if you have endo.

The only accurate way to diagnose endo is through a laproscopy. Endo is very microscopic and the doctor actually needs to look inside to see the endo.

Best of Luck
Unread 07-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Another endo question

Dee,

My endometriosis used to cause cramps every day! Since medication and surgery, I spend less than two weeks per month in pain.

Good luck with your appointment and keep us updated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register