Older sisters?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Older sisters?? Older sisters??

Unread 09-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Older sisters??

Oh, DUH...Dianne, guess your surgery is Thurs...not Wed...geesh, that's the other part of being this age!!! <giggle & grins>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Older sisters??

Gosh! It never occured to me to think of myself as "older" But my honey says once your past 50....cute guy. I'm 51 and fully intend to have many many wonderful years after this surgery. I believe it is going to take care of many many problems. Well maybe not the brain . I'd like to believe it is all the vicodin but...

We are going to do fine with our surgeries

Don't forget they've been doing this surgery since the 1870's. To put that in perspective those hystersisters would have been wearing pantaloons and hoopskirts. So I figure they've worked out the kinks and surely must know what they are doing.

Well, speaking of vicodin....it's hitting .....again......
Unread 09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Older sisters??

I don't mind telling people my age and I tell them I am only half grown at 51, I went to where my 31 yo dd works to talk to her today and the girl went to get her and said her sister was out there for her!! I love it when people think that.I am feeling a lot better today I will be 6 weeks post tomorrow and this is the first time I went to Walmart alone and didn't have to use a wheelchair in 2 1/2 months. I started getting a little tired when I was leaving. I carried my groceries to the truck and was wishing I had parked closer, [only had 2 bags, but by the time I got to the truck it flet like 4.] the heaviest thing I bought was gal of milk.

Menopause: When it comes to bi$%hing, there's no better alibi.
Unread 09-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Older sisters??

Here's another "old one" to add to our growing list! I'm 43 and although I don't feel that old, reading from this website has astounded me as to how many younger women have to have this surgery. I am 6 weeks post op and I am being honest when I say it has taken about 10 years of aging away!!! I feel GREAT!
I agree with the comment about what shape you're in before you go in. For the month prior to surgery I walked EVERY day for at least 20 minutes and I feel it made a great difference. My recovery has been WONDERFUL...totally pampered, staying in jammies till WHENEVER and taking naps without any guilt. My sons are 12 & 16 so it was much easier than it was when I had abdominal surgery when they were 1 & 5. Sheila....don't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk! It will pay off if you mind the doctors advice! It has been wonderful...I am on estrogen (had EVERYTHING that was left taken away) and haven't felt this good in.....EVER I don't think! I am so happy that I am "honkerblonking" all my friends off....pretty radical way to get happy but I am SOOOOOOOooooo glad I did it. Good luck!! Sue
Unread 09-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Older sisters??

Hi Shelia,

My surgery is tomorrow (Thursday) at 11:30...so I still have a little wait until I'm on the other side. Thanks so much for your encouragement!

I'll probably be on here in the morning, before I leave for the castle...I do have Hystersisteritis, after all!

Blessings,
Dianne
Unread 09-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Older sisters??

(((Susie)))

You and I are the same age, and I agree, I feel years younger! I am constantly being told I look better, younger, thinner(!). I have more energy and libido. Another weird thing I have noticed is that very few things seem to upset me anymore. I am generally in a very good mood regardless of all the nonsense that sometimes goes on around me. Go figure, huh?

I like to tell people I am 21 with 22 years of experience. LOL!
Unread 09-24-2003, 08:33 PM
eewh-my boss

hey, "later" ladies, I can relate. I work for a company of 200+. and most of the women are 20+ years younger than me-and I'm 49!

I had to LOL yesterday because I had my annual performance review with my 41-yr-old male boss, and had to tell him about my upcoming surgery. He actually gave me the vampire crossed fingers sign and said, "I don't need to hear any details!!!".

I'm single, NBM (never been married. OK engaged 3 times- commitment phobic?), but I APPLAUD all of us who would rather imagine being able to take care of us ALL on our own. We are strong, we are invincible, we are woman! (sorry!)

Would that I could take this all upon myself ? I think that is going to be the Biggest learning experience for me, to ask, and accept help. Me, who takes care of all the others! I suppose that is much the same fear as all the ladies who have DH's, DD's, and DS's. Cheers to all us sisters who know what to expect of their pre-supposed absent friends and families. I hope we will be very surprised!

Best wishes to all of you who have near upcoming surgeries. I see my GYN next week to discuss a surgery date. I want to wait 'til January-selfish reasons- all my friends and family can't use the excuse of Holiday busyiness to avoid helping me!

Truly, I'm so miserable physically, I would go to the castle tomorrow if I could...

hugs,
junie_seven
Potential TAH, endo, ovarian cysts, fibroids, EXtended belly

p.s. will I ever be able to wear a belt again?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register