So anxious, I broke my toe! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So anxious, I broke my toe! So anxious, I broke my toe!

Unread 08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
So anxious, I broke my toe!

I've been trying to get the house ready and what do you know, I ran in to a door and dislocated/broke my little toe. So now I'm hobbling around with a bruised, taped up foot. Surgery is in a few days and this won't prevent me from going but I'll have to be sure to tell them not to remove the tape! Three days left, I hope nothing else goes wrong. I'm ready to get this over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Re: So anxious, I broke my toe!

The week before surgery can be so stressful - you're busy but you're also anxious and distracted. Stay strong!! You can do this.
Unread 08-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Ouch!!! (((((Big Hugs))))) Sorry about your toe.

All the best to you for a smooth surgery and a speedy & easy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Thats gotta hurt. Sorry.
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:51 PM

I know how you feel! My surgery date is Aug. 15th too. Sorry about your pinky toe we both will do just fine!
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:55 PM

I can feel your pain, I was so busy trying to finish grouting the kitchen floor that now I am really stiff. I'm scheduled for Thursday, I'm not sure about you but I'm soooo concerned about getting everything done. Not to mention a serious case of hospital fear has set in. I thought I was over the tears but today is a different story. I have a good doctor and trust his judgement.

I hope your toe heals quickly and that your surgery goes well. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-11-2012, 10:06 PM

Ouch. I broke mine a month before my surgery. I don't think they will say anything about the bandage on you toe hun. I had hospital socks on when I had surgery.
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM

I tripped over a fireplace in the kitchen of our beach rental last year and broke 2 toes. I wore the tape for 2 days but then was driving home and my foot kept swelling and then the tape hurt. I taped it back up a few times but couldn't stand it. I had to be careful about what shoes I wore but I was surprised how quickly I could walk without tape. And a year later it no longer hurts when I bend it! (I think that it was displaced but we were on an island and urgent care was too far to go for something they couldn't do much. It just took longer to heal without stinging and popping when I bent it, but really how often do you do that anyway?) I would make sure they know when they get you up to walk the first time though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register