Back To Work And Family Thinks Your "fully Recovered" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back To Work And Family Thinks Your "fully Recovered" Back To Work And Family Thinks Your "fully Recovered"

Unread 11-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Back To Work And Family Thinks Your "fully Recovered"

I WENT BACK TO WORK THIS WEEK.(I AM 6 WEEKS POST OP)
MY JOB IS EXTREMELY PHYSICAL AS I CLEAN HOUSES. I CLEAN 2 HOUSES A DAY. I AM SO #$^& TIRED WHEN I GET HOME AND TO TOP IT OFF I HAVE A COLD. WELL MY DH AND 14 YEAR OLD DS THINK MOM IS BACK TO NORMAL. MY DH COMES HOME AND SEES HOW TIRED I AM AND SAYS/ DOES NOTHING. IN FACT HE'S BEEN BUGGING ME FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS TO PUT UP THE XMAS TREE.HE SAYS "LETS PUT UP THE TREE" AND AT MY HOUSE THAT MEANS HIM AND DS DUMPING ALL THE BOXES IN THE LIVING ROMM AND WALKING AWAY, WHERE IS THE "WE" IN THAT? SWELLY BELLY HAS BEEN HANGING AROUND LIKE A BAD SMELL AT NIGHT AND I CAN BARELY KEEP MY EYES OPEN PAST 8.00 O'CLOCK AND WHEN I DO GO TO BED I CANT BREATHE BECAUSE OF THIS #$%^ COLD. I FEEL LIKE I'M ON MY PERIOD. IF I SAY ANYTHING TO HIM HE SAYS " YOUR 6 WEEKS ARE UP" BUT THEN SAYS HE'S ONLY JOKING.HE WAS AWESOME DURING MY RECOVERY BUT IT SEEMS NOW LIKE THEY REALLY DONT BELIEVE I COULD HAVE PAIN ETC...
I FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT I EVEN HAD SURGERY AND THAT THIS MY FIRST WEEK BACK TO WORK.WELL THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT . I THINK I'LL TRY THROWING MYSELF ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF THEM AND SEE IF THEY EVEN NOTICE!!!!

DEBI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2003, 04:21 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of your hard time. Did you get the okay from your doctor to go back to work at 6 weeks? It seems to me that the kind of work you do would warrant you to stay out of work longer. You must do alot of lifting, bending, etc. I had an abdominal hysterectomy with removal of my ovaries and uterus on 9/23/03 and even now, 8 weeks later, feel discomfort and I only have an office job with alot of sitting!

I have to remind my sons, 6 and 11, every so often that even though things may seem like they are back to normal, I still have to be aware of things I do.

I hope things get better for you and that your family realizes that you are still healing.
Unread 11-26-2003, 05:48 PM

Hi Debi,

You did not say if you kept your ovaries or not. If not, are you on any HRT? That can make a difference in how you feel emotionally.

The initial recovery period is 6-8 weeks but it can take many months to be completely healed. Your job is very demanding so extra time off may be necessary. The swelly belly can hang around for quite awhile sometimes. You might find this thread helpful: Swelly Belly - What it is, what it isn't, and how to get rid of it.

If your family is not going to pamper you, pamper yourself. Take care!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2003, 08:44 PM

Hi (((Debi))),
I have been cleaning houses for 14 years. I went back to work at 8 weeks post-op. and was so tired and achy I was in tears each day. The woman here, asked if I could take some more time off and then ease into my work. I decided they were right. I took off two more weeks and then went back part time. I started with the easiest houses and then increased my work load. I also had a talk with my clients. more moving furniture for me! My DH bought me a vacume cleaner that only weighs 8lbs but works wonderfully! I needed something I could carry up and down the stairs. With all the bending, squatting, scrubbing walking and stairs, I still tired easily but the extra two weeks off did help. Honestly..... I didn't feel like myself until I was 8 months post-op. You've got to take care of yourself, allow your body, mind and spirit to heal. No one's house is worth hurting yourself over. Now, a hot shower and get back into your jammies. I wouldn't "throw myself on the floor" but I would claim the recliner or couch as my throne and the remote to the tv as my scepter That , might get their attention!

Take care
Unread 11-26-2003, 09:07 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, I DID KEEP MY OVARIES. I DID GET THE OK TO GO BACK, JUST "take it slow". I ALSO HAVE A HEMMATOMMA ( BLOOD CLOT) THAT HAS NOT COMPLETLEY DISSAPATED YET, BUT IS ALOT BETTER THAN WHAT IT WAS. THEN THERES THE MONEY ISSUE , I DID NOT GET PAID FOR ANY OF MY TIME OFF AND ITS TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK. ITS ONLY MY FIRST WEEK AND I'M SURE IT WILL GET BETTER EACH DAY, I GUESS 6 WEEKS IS A LONG TIME FOR MEN TO BE UNDERSTANDING!! I AM LUCKY HOW AWESOME HE WAS BEFORE AND AFTER MY SURGERY, I HAVE READ SOME POSTS WHERE SOME PRINCESS'S GET NO SUPPORT AT ALL. I GUESS WE ALL JUST NEED UNDERSTANDING EVEN IF WE LOOK LIKE WERE BACK TO NORMAL ON THE OUTSIDE , WERE NOT ON THE INSIDE !!! ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR LISTENING.

DEBI
Unread 11-26-2003, 09:26 PM
back to work

I totally understand how you feel about no support. Since they all see you going to work and I'm sure you are cooking Their dinner too, they think MOM is all better now.
I am so fed up with all of that attitude. Honey, when you hurt, sit down and don't get up if you can't. You just can't.
I know you can push yourself at work because you have to, but home is your refuge and I am now at the point myself ( 9weeks post op) that I am ready to ignore my little selfish family and comfort myself. No one else will so YOU my dear have to be kind to yourself and act like the queen you are.
And if the tree does not get put up because you don't have any desire, then so be it. Christmas will still come if the tree does not .
Please be good to yourself. And buy yourself a little present of luxury with your hard earned, tear stained paycheck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register