Scheduled TAH Three days and counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Three days and counting Three days and counting

Unread 01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Three days and counting

Hello

It is 3 days til I have my op and even though all week I have felt bit nervous today Im terrified ..
Im worried about everything from pain releif to how Im going to get to the loo when I get home, I am a disabled single mum, I have help with the kids and my boyfriend will be visiting everyday but not sure he is prepared to see me in alot of pain. I spend everyday on morphine because I suffer from Fibromyalgia and have pains most of the time but Im preparing myself for more pain mostly because of what the nurse told me at my pre-op she said because of all my health conditions it might take a few hours to get ontop of my pain

Im so not looking forward to this , be glad when its over with and Im back home managing my own pain.

Thankyou for letting me have my moan

hugs
Amanda xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Re: Three days and counting

I am so sorry to hear your situation. I hope all goes well for you and they are able to manage your pain quickly. I am 6 days post op. When I woke up from surgery the pain was unbearable. It took about an hour to get it under control. Getting up to go to the rest room was hard at first. But actually going wasn't bad at all. I wish you well as your date approaches.
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Re: Three days and counting

It's good that the medical team is aware of your whole medical history. I was amazed at how good the pain management was after my surgery. Most women have a catheter put in while they are still in surgery, so going to the washroom isn't a problem for the first bit of time. Typically, you wouldn't be released until you can manage that on your own, although I don't know the extent of your disability, so that may be a factor. I'm not sure what it's like in the UK, but in Canada, we can talk with someone about the extra support we might need and make sure things are in place before we are discharged.

Take care of yourself. I'll be thinking about you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register