pulling pain on left side 14 day post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pulling pain on left side 14 day post-op pulling pain on left side 14 day post-op

Unread 07-16-2009, 07:47 AM
pulling pain on left side 14 day post-op

This is my first time posting so here goes. I have been doing well for the most part but now am experiencing a problem. Yesterday I went out with my son in my hyundai sant fe and he did the driving because I didn't feel ready to drive. We went to the bank and the did one small errand no major walking involved just in and out of car. After getting home felt a little tired and figured this is normal for first trip out. Later in the day I had to bend to pick up a soiled towel but felt fine, then had a bad night very uncomfortable trying to sleep pulling in lower to mid abdomen left side. It isn't feeling much better this morning still feel pulling on left side and a little concerned, does anyone no if this is normal. I had a tlh and doctor said my uterus was huge and took longer and had to grind it to get it out. Has anyone experienced what is happening to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Re: pulling pain on left side 14 day post-op

I get pulling pains on occasion, burning sensations, twinges....... I think it's all part of the healing process. Sometimes things tighten up, too. Your sutures may be a little tighter on that side? I guess if you don't have any other symptoms, give it a few days.... if you were develop a fever, have any severe pain, more bleeding.... call the Dr. I always err on the side of caution. I'd rather call and it be nothing than to let something serious go.
Unread 07-16-2009, 10:13 AM

I'm in my 16th day and also feel pain, but in the right side, strong the first day, weaker each day. Two days ago, Dr told me is part of the process. Remember is a MAJOR surgery!
The difference is that you didn't have the pain before.
I think it was the bending. If the pain increases, it is better to you to call your doctor. His/her answer is the best one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2009, 06:34 AM

I have pain too on the right side. It has been more sore on the right since day one. I told the Dr. when I was in the hosp. and she said it was normal and it could have been clamped or soomething wih the nerves. I can tell it is where they ended my stitches - so maybe they pulled tighter or something. I just hope the pain goes away at some point.
Unread 07-17-2009, 07:18 AM

I had my pain on the right site & doc said that it was due to the swelling. When the swelling goes down, the pain will go away. But, that's strange that you didn't feel the pain until now. Sounds like you overdid.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register