Some words of encouragement to you L'sIW | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Some words of encouragement to you L'sIW Some words of encouragement to you L'sIW

Unread 05-31-2001, 07:53 AM
Some words of encouragement to you L'sIW

Hello to my wonderful sisters!

It has been quite awhile since I posted here, but today is a special day for me! Exactly 1 year ago today I had my TVH! I wanted to post some words of encouragement to all the recently punctured princesses and you terrific ladies in waiting. Please know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! My surgery was the best decision I ever made! I can remember around this time last year being absolutely terrified and just wishing I could be like the others "on the other side"! Well, now I am and you will be too! My surgery was suprisingly very easy and non-eventful. I had very little pain post op and a very easy recovery!

You too can get through this! I am the biggest chicken in the world, and if I can do it, anyone can!! Please continue to visit these boards! They absolutely saved my life. I don't know what I would have done without all of you. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I sincerely thank everyone for the support and love I got from this site!! God Bless!

Kelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2001, 07:57 AM
Thank you Kelley

There are a bunch of us ladies in waiting dealing with severe pre-op jitters right now. I know that once we reach the holding area and the happy juice is administered all will be fine, and then before we know it we will be in recovery, newly crowned princesses! Your words are reassuring, and I am so happy that your surgery worked out as well as it did.
Unread 05-31-2001, 08:00 AM
Some words of encouragement to you L'sIW

Kelley~
A million thanks for your post. I'm a week away from going to the castle and your words are just what the doctor ordered. I've decided to get a hold of my nerves and think positively instead. I'm so grateful to this site as well as to women like you who give us reassurance from the other side!
Thanks again~
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2001, 09:27 AM
Thank you also

Yes, thanks for the great words of encouragment. I have talked to so many of my friends who are Princesses or have relatives that are and they all say the same things. It was the best thing they could have done for themselves. A friend yesterday told me that her best friend was back to work the second week! And another friend told me about her sister who decided to paint her house since she had to be home for 6 weeks anyway. Now, I do not recommend these activities at all!! That being said, all these stories do say something to me about the power of positive thinking--However, I do have this picture in my mind of me walking home from the hosp. with my DH following behind, slowly, in the car. What a hoot! What with the support we get here, family and friends and faith we can't miss!

Thanks and XOXO

Jonelle
Unread 05-31-2001, 09:46 AM
Happy Hysterversary

Wow! A whole year! I'm almost there myself, and it feels great.

I agree that it is the best thing I have done for myself. I am doing things now that I had given up on. Rollerskating. Swimming (couldn't do that at all last summer, I will kindly spare you the details) Camping. Hiking, with no paper products along LOL.

I have found a whole new life that I was missing out on. Man, if life begins at 40, then I am starting to celebrate a little early. My hysterversary is July 25, and my 40th bday is Dec. 15.

Afraid of gaining weight post op? Not if you are like me, and find a whole world out there to discover.
I am still fat, but have lost steadily due to increased activity (and not wallowing in self pity and medicating with chocolate!!!)

Hang in there, gals, it gets better!

Mary
Unread 05-31-2001, 10:05 AM
Thanks Kelley

It was great to hear good things from someone who's been there/done that
I really believe the worst part is right now...the waiting..worry etc.
I have kept a journal this month with all the aches & pains,lack of sleep,crying etc. I hope,like you, I can look back at those days & have a on my face because I made it over to the other side too
Thanks,
Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register