4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash 4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

Unread 07-30-2016, 12:40 PM
4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

Ok so I am now 4 days post op. Full laparoscopic hysterectomy, I kept nothing. I noticed that under my breasts were really itchy. I thought nothing of it then took a shower. I noticed a small rash (red, line the shape of a line not a clump) under my breasts . After the shower it didn't itch anymore, but rash is still there. It doesn't itch anymore. I was wondering if anyone had this happen? I wore one of those bair paw gowns that pump heat through it before surgery, then i had the heart node stickers on me. I was thinking it could be from that or maybe the antibacterial wash they made me use before surgery. It doesn't look bumpy or yeasty. I called my dr and they said to put cortizone on it if it itches, but it shouldn't be a concern unless it spreads in the next 24 hours . Anyone have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Re: 4 days post op (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

Hi there! I had the itchies myself. It wasn't until after I took a shower that mine showed up. Mine showed up on my inner thighs, my ribs, and where my bra strap was. I think it was because of the contacts and the anti-bacterial wash they used on me. My skin can get sensitive to certain adhesives and whatever anti-bacterial wash the hospital uses. I applied hydrocortisone cream on it, and it took a little while but it did go away. If you are on painkillers and the rash seems to be spreading, you should call your doc's office back and let them know. If it spreads, it could mean that you are allergic to your pain meds and they would need to prescribe you a different one. If it is not spreading, it is nothing to worry about.

Happy Healing!
Unread 07-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Re: 4 days post op (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

It was the first thing I said to the nurses in recovery... My boobs itch. She said scratch away honey, anything is acceptable in here. Mine was a reaction to the Percocet. I only took those for a day and then it slowly subsided. But I had a pretty bad rash under my breasts. I'm allergic to several meds, this just added another to the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

Thanks ladies, the rash is still here but not itchy or anything. I've been keeping it dry with corn starch. I was able to call my dr and he said it was prob a reaction to the tape. I have my 1st post op visit tomorrow and he will check it out.
Unread 08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

I had a rash on my upper abdomen from the antibacterial wash I had to use. It went away by day 5 or 6. I also had odd shingle like bumps behind my armpit, above the bra line, if that makes sense. Those are gone now, thank goodness!
Unread 08-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy (full lap hyst) itchy breasts and rash

Hello, Post op, I was very itchy. I noticed a reside on my abs & sides. It was from the surgical tape. The nurse offered me Benedryl, but it knocks me out. When I got home, I applied Benedryl topical cream. It went away in a few days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register