Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!? Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!?

Unread 07-05-2001, 07:15 AM
Any September sisters? Or is it to early!!!?

Hi There hystersisters.

I was just wondering if there are any September sisters out there. I need someone to talk to who understands how long the wait is and all the emotions that go with having such a long wait. I guess there are pros and cons with waiting. The pro's are: I get to be mentally and physically prepared and I get to enjoy the summer. Also I will have no kids at home with me while I recover. The cons well there are so many. The wait and the wait and the wait it seems so far away and I am worried all ready. Also I have to edure two more periods.Yikes . Thank god for rum! Anyway, I really do not want to wish away the summer.

I hope there are some other sisters out there that understand what I am going through

Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2001, 08:15 AM
Cath,

I see lots of sisters already registered on the September Surgery Calendar. I see that you are registered for September 17. You can check out the Septermber Surgery calendar by clicking on the calendar tab at the top of your screen. It's to the right of the larger Hyster Sister Logo. Click on calendar and then change the top of the calendar from July to September. You will see that there are plenty of you already with more and more to come.

The waiting is the hardest part. Believe me we've all gone through this. There are plenty of other Ladies in Waiting who have the same fears and concerns that you have.

You've come to the right place. Just keep reading and posting questions. You will be prepared for the Castle by the time Sept. 17 rolls around.

Hugs,
Unread 07-05-2001, 09:56 AM
September sister

Hi Cath,

I too am a September sister. My TAH is scheduled for September 6th for a large fibroid that is causing low back pain and bladder pressure, an un-biopsied thickening of the endometrium and a polyp in my cervical canal. Although the waiting IS difficult, I CHOSE to postpone surgery until September. I didn't want to be laid up all summer and miss the events that were already on my calendar for July and August! But unlike many of our sisters, I have been very fortunate and don't have terrible periods or extreme pain-- so maybe the wait is a little easier for me to deal with.

I try to look on the bright side and think how educated I will be by the time September rolls around. I found this site in mid-June and I admit-- I'm adicted!!! I read these forums daily and learn something new every day! Thanks to the input from all of our wonderful sisters out there, (and the 2+ months I have to prepare myself), I feel like I will go into surgery knowing exactly what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2001, 11:06 AM
Sept. Sister!

Hi!

I am suppose to have surgery in September I just found out but the doctor is checking his schedule and they are going to get back with me! I found out a couple of weeks ago I was going to need one due to prolapse of the bladder, uterus and rectum. They will do a sling for the bladder leave my right ovary and redo my rectum! FUN FUN!!!

But now that I know atleast a month I have started getting kinda nervous also! My periods are very extreme also, I just started today and I was in so much pain by the time I got to work I almost called my DH to come and get me! But by the power of wonderful pain killers I am still here!

Chin up and we will get through this together! There is sooooo much support here! Thanks to all who contribute to get us through this!
Unread 07-05-2001, 11:06 AM
Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!?

Hey Karen

Nice to meet you. I am having my hysterectomy for heavy bleeding and pain. Like yourself I have become very addicted to this site.

Keep in touch
Unread 07-05-2001, 11:12 AM

Jennifer

You must have posted at the same time I did. Weird

Anyway welcome to the September group. Boy your surgery really does sound like fun. I know that the waiting is one of the hardest things at least we can all be there for each other. Let us know when you get an actual date set .
Unread 07-05-2001, 11:37 AM
September sister

hi Cath,

I posted on one of your threads last week, I think. I am scheduled for September 18...day after yours. I postponed my surgery because I had vacation plans for late august and I am trying to build up some more sick time.

The wait is evil :evil: I was ok until Ihad my actual date and then I got real nervous. The in my stomach are doing overtime, I think.

Lets keep in touch, by time I have mine, you will be a punctured princess.

Kim
Unread 07-09-2001, 04:59 AM

Hey Kim

It will be nice to know that someone else is having surgery around the same time I am. We will definitly have to keep in touch. I still am anxious about the surgery. Sometimes I wish it was closer, but then I am glad that is not as I want to enjoy my summer.

Keep in touch
Unread 07-11-2001, 08:44 PM

I am having my surgery in Sept., but I dont have my date yet. Because I have had many prior urologic surgeries my gyneclolgist wants my uro in the OR with him when I have the surgery, so that's why I need to wait till then- it's a matter of scheduling it when they both are available. At first the wait seemed daunting, and I was having problems with anxiety, but as time has passed so has some of the anxiety. Right now I am trying to push the whole thing out of mind, so I dont make myself too crazy with worry.:hair: I am having trouble sleeping, but I just got some sleeping pills from my doctor to help with that when I can't deal with the insomnia anymore. I am glad my summer will not be ruined!
Unread 07-13-2001, 08:25 AM

Squid

Welcome to our little group. Before long we will all be waiting in line for our surgies.It is coming up quick.

Take Care everyone

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register