scared doesnt even begin to cover it | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared doesnt even begin to cover it scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Unread 12-20-2011, 02:14 PM
scared doesnt even begin to cover it

So I'm going in for a vaginal hysterectomy in about a month and I've researched till my head hurt and can't find information that makes any sense. I'm 27 and am keeping my overies. Can anyone help me with information of any kind. Oddly what I'm most worried about is what my sex life will be like afterwards. I've been batteling cancer cells for 11 years so at this point this was my best option. Someone anyone please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Re: scared doesnt even begin to cover it

You have come to the right place for info. And being scared is totally normal. I am also going for a TVH on the 11th. Let me know if I can help you.
Unread 12-20-2011, 02:25 PM
scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Well any information you can give me at all would be a great help. I don't have much other than the pamphlets they gave me at the dr. Office which really don't tell me much. I think I may be having a hard time just processing the information I can find because its not making any sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM

http://http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_pre.htm
This is a good place to start. They have all sorts of info on dealing with the emotional side, family, what to expect, before, after during. And the sex aspect as well I'm 31 and that was one of my concerns as well. That part isn't as clear cut for every woman. And as I haven't had my hysterectomy yet I can't give you too much info on that yet.
Unread 12-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Thank you so much. this is all almost to much to process.
Unread 12-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Remember to take a deep breath and not let yourself get too overwhelmed. You will get through this just like anything else that comes along in your life.

Check out the info on this website, you can just 'search' for things and up pops info.

The hysterectomy itself is not all that bad. I had mine done on Thursday and I'm up in bed on my computer, I am eating, walking around, but taking it easy. The pain was not horrible, coming out of anesthesia was no treat, so maybe make sure doctor knows to give you something prior for any reaction. Other than that, I was ok, on my meds for pain, and seem to bounce back. You are young and I'm sure in great health. Go easy on yourself and ask questions here.

I am happy it's over, you will be as well. Just take your time with yourself and the recovery.

Take care, will be thinking of you.
Unread 12-20-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm really trying to stay calm. This has been a quick thing really. Not that its really was unexpected I just thought id have a bit more mental preperation time. Havin an insensative boyfirend doesn't help a whole lot either. He seems to only be worried about what the condition of my vagina will be when its over. He literally asked me that. But I'm glad I found this site just the few posts I've read are helping me process a little better.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:05 PM

Tell him they will insert teeth

But seriously, from women I have chatted to they actually say their partners were pleasantly surprised at sex after hyster.

Sometimes too much information can be confusing. Take that deep breath and just worry about the stuff you have control over, I.e preparation etc. the rest will work itself out in time and not worth worrying about if it hasn't happened.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:10 PM

Thanx for the laugh. I needed that. I will definitly use the teeth line. Talking it out helps. Good luck to all of you ladies
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Teeth.....lol...that is a great line. ha!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register