Anyone else take Ambien ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else take Ambien ... Anyone else take Ambien ...

Unread 02-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Anyone else take Ambien ...

and did it help you to fall asleep? I took one for the first time last evening and it kept me up most of the night. I've slept better on Tylenol PM. Of course now I'm extremely tired. What's up with that? I thought this stuff was supposed to help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2006, 05:13 AM

hi, are u on the regular ambien or the controlled release? I know there is a difference. I took ambien for awhile, and it was the best sleep I ever got, but I do know there a controlled release form out now. I have heard it doesnt work like the regular ambiem. Im on lunesta right now. Really helps me sleep, without the worrying of getting dependent on it. Good Luck

Marti
Unread 02-06-2006, 09:15 AM

Hi I took Ambien and it did the same thing. It was 5mg. They say i metabolize this stuff too fast. Last night I took two and slept pretty good. It comes in 5mg and 10 mgs. It is perfectly safe to take two. Although watch out because Ambien is addictive they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2006, 04:13 PM

Hello ladies. Thanks for your replies. I am on the Ambien CR 6.25mg. Doctor wrote it for 5mg but for some reason couldn't get it at the pharmacy. So is that what it is, my body metabolized it too fast? I'm afraid to take two considering the dose I was given. I'll talk to the doctor about it. He only prescribed 15 pills so it's not something he wanted me to take long term. Anyway, I was really looking forward to getting sleep last night. I was alarmed when all I did was toss and turn.
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:08 PM

Yes, your body does get used to it and it gets to a situation where you CAN NOT get to sleep without it.

I am fighting the vicious cycles right now as I have stopped the Ambien cold turkey.

I am miserable.
Unread 02-17-2006, 05:37 AM

They gave me Ambien the night before the surgery in the hospital at about 11:00 p.m. - I believe I had 10 mg. Either I was emotionally exhuasted or it really helped, but I was out til the next morning. Was a one-time-only deal for me. The first week home I had trouble sleeping, but I think that was the Percocet and my body's reaction to everything. Good luck to all coming off of the Ambien? What about that Sleepytime Tea? Maybe that will help - with a nice sugar cookie to go with it???? Katie
Unread 02-17-2006, 08:55 AM

I liked the ambien really well, but didn't want the addicting meds. Now I take lunesta. Its non habit forming, and non narcotic. When I can't sleep, I take one, and it works just as well, with no hangover side effects the next morning.
Unread 02-17-2006, 09:10 AM

i TOOK IT AND IT HELPED ME TO SLEEP. I'M SORRY YOU HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH IT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register