advice appreciated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

advice appreciated advice appreciated

Unread 02-02-2005, 06:30 PM
advice appreciated

Hi to everyone.

Glad to have found this web site I have found some very interesting views and answers here which are very very helpful. I had an ablation done April of 2004 to which it has been quite successful as far as getting my bleeding under control the only problem is I still have painful periods and feel really washed out the day before I get my periods, I also have a lot of preasure from my bladder and bowl on the day and sometimes a few days before, anyway my gyn suggested the best thing for me would be to have my uterus removed. But I decided to go back to my gp who sent me for another ultra sound to which now I have a very very small fibroid. When I asked her how this could have develped so quickly she said that it was probably there before I had the ablation, I would have thought that after a D&C plus hystocopy in March followed by the ablation in the april this would have showed up then plus they say my lining isn't as thin as it should be considering it has only been what about 10mths, anyone here have any answers????? I am going to a new gyn for a second opionion on Friday this week.

Love to hear from SOMEONE getting really tired of living every month with a couple of yukky weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
advice appreciated

Hi Duke,

I had a Novasure ablation in April 2003. I had small fibroids that were present, but the doctor felt that it wouldn't matter. Well, the ablation failed and my fibroids grew much bigger in less than a year after that.

I tried other things to help. I took months of BCP's and bled 20+ days a month while on them. I also took an estrogen inhibitor, which didn't work. I saw a reproductive endocrinologist, who determined that one of the fibroids was embedded into the uterine wall. My choice was an abdominal myomectomy or to pursue a hysterectomy. Since my fibroids were causing me so much agony and anemia, I decided to pursue hyst. and look for the least invasive option. I got a referral to a doctor that specializes in LSH and met with her. When she said I qualified, it was like the stars were shining down on me.

I had the LSH on 1/5/05 and feel great. Every day it gets better and better. I had my cervix cauterized, so no mini-periods either. I'm so looking forward to my new lease on life once I get the anemia under control.

I'm glad you're getting a 2nd opinion, as it definitely helped me to make my decision (I ended up with 3 opinions in all.) Best of luck and feel free to PM me if you like!
Unread 02-04-2005, 10:06 AM
advice appreciated

Hi ((Duke)),
Glad to hear all went well with your ablation I'm sorry to hear of the symptoms your now experiencing

I've never had an ablation so have no personal experience/advice to share with you but I did want to share the following link. It is to an excellent site designed specifically for those who are considering or have underwent this procedure. Perhaps it can provide you with some further info and insight into some of your concerns:

Ablation Discussions and Support

Here is also another link to a section of our Resource directory that contains info on Fibroids:

Hysterectomy Alternatives - Fibroids

Good Luck in finding some answers and relief Please keep us posted on how things are going for you....((((hugs))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Duke I am so with you!!

I had an ablation with hysterscopic myomectomy on 10/15/2004. Prior to the surgery I spent 3 months on Lupron to prepare my lining and to shrink my fibroids. HA!! Things were wonderful through November (lots of cramping, but no bleeding), then BAM! my period returned with a vengance in December. 2 PAP's later and they keep getting worse. I spend 3 weeks of the month feeling like an anvil has been dropped on my pelvic area. A FU U/S showed a 15cm uterus and a return of the lining. It also showed fibroids, and this is only 2 1/2 mo after the ablation!

As for what may have happened... you don't say what kind of ablation you had, but if you had a balloon ablation and had a fibroid sticking into the uterine cavity, it's possible that the balloon didn't completely mold to your lining and burn it all away (that's what my Dr thinks happened to me).

I'm scheduled for a TVH in April, and am so ready to be done with feeling tired/sick/messy all the time!!

Good luck on your decisions, and I hope all works out for you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register