Vaginal Canal Aches 3 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Canal Aches 3 weeks post hysterectomy Vaginal Canal Aches 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 01-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Vaginal Canal Aches 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi. I had a da Vinci hysterectomy just about 3 weeks ago.Had my cervix, uterus and tubes removed. Kept both ovaries. My four incesions healed well.

Now my vaginal canal aches and where my cervix was I feel twinges. Along with light spotting.

I'm so confused because I notice a different smell from my vagina.

I know I shouldn't feel embarrassed but I am

Has any other women had these issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Re: Vaginal Canal Aches

I had Da Vinci last month. I didn't any spotting at all, but I did experience vaginal "aches" on and off for about a week during weeks 4 and 5. I attributed it to over doing it. I had driven to the beach (about 45 minutes each way) twice and picked up shells for my mom. I'm at week six today and got the all clear from the doc yesterday. Not having any issues with anything now.
Unread 01-29-2016, 07:09 PM

Yes, I've had the same symptoms as you including the really sore vaginal aches and weird odor. My nurses told me it from old blood that has pooled near my cuff. Makes sense. The aches are very normal since we've had our cervix removed and have stitches all the way down there.

I know, even sitting is uncomfortable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2016, 09:13 PM

I had surgery the same day as you and although I haven't had issues with odor I definitely have had vaginal achiness. Some days it's better than others but i've had it on and off every day since the surgery. I saw my gyn for my first post-op appointment on the 28th and she said it was normal. I've also had yellow-brown discharge; she said that's normal as well.
Unread 01-29-2016, 09:31 PM

It is normal to have aches and soreness at the vaginal cuff as the incision heals. Spotting off and on for the first 6 weeks is common too. If you bleed heavily, please call your doctor. The vaginal odor is also common. It's the smell of old blood, the stitches dissolving and the cuff healing. I had this odor for about two weeks and then it was gone. If you have a foul or bad odor, definitely call your doctor. For me, it wasn't bad but stronger and different.

Vaginal Odor Post Op

Please remember not to take a bath or douche in your attempts to make the odor dissipate. Always get your doctors consent before doing these.

Many women find week 3 challenging. This may be because the stitches are dissolving or because they are being more active. Remember you're still healing, and keep listening to your body. When you feel sore, it's time to put your feet up and

Unread 02-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Re: Vaginal Canal Aches 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeBab View Post
Hi. I had a da Vinci hysterectomy just about 3 weeks ago.Had my cervix, uterus and tubes removed. Kept both ovaries. My four incesions healed well.

Now my vaginal canal aches and where my cervix was I feel twinges. Along with light spotting.

I'm so confused because I notice a different smell from my vagina.

I know I shouldn't feel embarrassed but I am

Has any other women had these issues?
TeeBab,
Thanks for this post! I am 8 days post-op (DvH 1/25) and having vaginal pain as well. No discharge or odors, just a dull ache down there. I was searching the board to find similar posts.... Glad to know this is normal!
Unread 02-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Re: Vaginal Canal Aches 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Yes! The aches and the odor.. I'm at week 7 and have neither any more.
It gets better..
The ache means you are overdoing it. Try to lay down for a while. Take some pain meds or ibuprofen, because the misery is totally unnecessary.
I had the aches bad during weeks 3 and 4, when I was trying to do more. It is your body getting mad at you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register