Just lost: Awful smell from incision post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just lost: Awful smell from incision post hysterectomy Just lost: Awful smell from incision post hysterectomy

Unread 07-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Just lost: Awful smell from incision post hysterectomy

Hell Sisters, I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple of quick questions for me. I am about 10 days out of post-op abdominal hysterectomy uterus only removed. Still have both ovaries and cervix. Anout 4 days ago I smelled an awful smell from my incision. Now I am NOT running a fever this incision is not swollen or red. Called my Dr. and she told me everything was fine just keep my appt. this upcoming Wed.the 29th. Im worried and concerned about this smell. My super loving cousin whom told me about this site and let me just say it has been a God send, stated that my apron (that gut i have lol) my not be getting air it needs to breath and instructed me to go get some 4x4 gauls. So i went to Walgreens and purchased antimicrobial Gauze pads, because there thin enough for air to get through and put the band back on. Now I am also supper *****. Can someone tell me what may be going on with my body. I felt super great for the first 13 days now today I feel horrible. I think I have been doing to much.

MY BADGES:
[Reply]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Re: Just lost

Welcome! Is there any discharge where your incision is ? pain ?
Unread 07-26-2015, 10:35 AM

A little on the left side. It's not red or swollen. Now after I have placed the antimicrobial gauzes under my apron (fold) the smell has diminished a little. The incision is still open anout an inch to an inch and 1/2 on the left side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Re: Just lost

Are you cleaning it at all? That may be the only problem, I also had a smell. In the shower, I got a soft washcloth wet and soapy and patted it around the incision area. Let the water wash over it to rinse, and patted the incision area dry with a towel. Problem solved!
Unread 07-26-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy16 View Post
Are you cleaning it at all? That may be the only problem, I also had a smell. In the shower, I got a soft washcloth wet and soapy and patted it around the incision area. Let the water wash over it to rinse, and patted the incision area dry with a towel. Problem solved!
Yes I keep my hands clean with antibactirial soap than lather my hands with antinactorial soap and wash the area gentley and make sure its soapy then I take my wash cloth soap it well, gently wash it over again, and let the water rinse the soap off pat it dry with my towle. Then I place the antimicrobial Gauze pads underneath its been helping with the odor alot since I started that routine. I JIST GOT A LITTLE SCARED BECAUSE I have never smelled that odor coming from my body.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register