25yold w/ stg 3 OvCa scared of HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

25yold w/ stg 3 OvCa scared of HRT 25yold w/ stg 3 OvCa scared of HRT

Unread 02-14-2001, 11:50 PM
25yold w/ stg 3 OvCa scared of HRT

I had surgery on Jan 19th to remove what turned out to be ovarian cancer. I lost my right ovary, both tubes, my appendix and a portion of my omentum. My new doctors are operating on me a second time WEDNESDAY FEB 21st to remove whats left - my left ovary and uterus. I am scared of HRT giving me breast cancer later in life but I think at my age I have no choice. I am scared of countless other things. Thats why I am up at 2:43 AM typing this note. I just found the site and am happy to know there is a place to go to discuss my fears. I ended up reposting this under Cancer Concerns and attempted to delete from here but was not permitted to do so. Still all insight is welcome.
[Edited by jblueny on 02-15-2001]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2001, 01:04 AM

Hi Jessica

Had to write although I have no advice but needed to tell you that I am including you in my prayers. I am sorry to hear of cancer and now second surgery. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at 33 (12 years ago) and know it is a scary time but you will get thru this and return to health. Sorry I can't help with HRT - I kept one ovary but I do have a friend that went into men. at 30 and she has successful taken HRT for the past 13 years!

Hope you get many answers on homone site - just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you - please let us know how the surgery/recover go.

God Bless - Denise - hope you can get some sleep!
Unread 02-15-2001, 06:50 AM

Jessica - My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2001, 08:08 AM

Hi Jessica,

I just posted a response to your post on the cancer board but wanted to send my thoughts and prayers again.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post or email me at Vander0210@aol.com.

Take care,
Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register